Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Keeper of the Light attempt

Keeper of the Light attempt

Well, if the others can, I should be able to as well. This is my half-assed attempt at coming up with lore for a hero I'm missing quite a damn lot now that we're almost half a year into development.

Also comes with hero lines, and by reading those you will likely put your psyche into a rather questionable state.

----

Lore:
    Long before the first rays of sun touched the ground, an endless night covered the lands. Creatures of the darkness, ever lustful for flesh and blood, stalked the realms. This is universally known and never truly questioned, but a different question is inquired ever so often - how exactly did the shapes of this world see the light? What caused the event in which the total majority of night's henchmen perished, perhaps only one of them being able to fully recover and manage to accept the new world, and that's only according to the fairy tales? While many others have different problems and questions, there are groups of researchers who especially seek out whatever may point out the exact reason why there was sun, why there was light. The priests could provide no answer, since the gods themselves turned their interests to the land only when it was exposed to the balm of sunshine. In fact, what prevented the sun from shining over the planet in the first place? This is no easy question, and so many try their luck in just as many places. Long-abandoned ruins, ancient libraries, preposterously dangeous attempts at contacting the creatures who could have seen the first dawn - to name a few. To noone's surprise, nothing could be found. Such realisation dawned onto one of the expedition leaders, Lord Suthor, who climbed his way high up into the Wailing Mountains in search of a particularly hope-inspiring temple, which was described as the "Chalice of Sun" by the local folk, with his team, which consisted of a dozen of bodyguards, a personal lore-keeper and a local boy, who knew his way around the quite literally wailing mountains. Successfully laying his sight upon nothing but semi-remaining ruin, the lord screamed in anguish, being hurtfully reminded about the cost of all the preparations and the losses they had suffered while making their way to the top. His anger found its way out of the mortal body in form of Suthor's baneful leg, which kicked the aforementioned boy off the mountain, shooting him right through the cracked and dusty (being more akin to dust themselves) columns. Such casualties were not rare at all, and none took much notice of it, but what happened next surely took everyone's attention in an instant. The boy, who had flown at least a good couple of kilometers from the peak, now was floating above them in a halo of glimmering light. Saluting the group and grinning, his teeth sparkling sunlight, he disappeared in a flash. The Lord, putting all together in a couple of moments, followed the child's way down, and fit on the spiked tree-caps perfectly.

The boy's name was Ezalor, and nobody ever heard of him again until the next year. Then, in the middle of the winter, a horse(in fact, unicorn)-ridden figure appeared at one of the villagers' doorstep. Saluting the deeply confused man, it disappeared, leaving a set of perfectly new toys in number of three, which equaled the number of children in his family, including the long lost Ezalor. Same happened with all the houses of the majority of people all over the world, the part about a missing Ezalor not included. A couple of years later, a couple of years of the same figure-and-toys appearing action, it was decided to make this an official holiday. Only the figure did not just play the role of a worldwide toy and joy delivery - in fact, many have seen the now-bearded man point the way out from deadly swamps with his lantern; others claimed that it was his kind, a bit tired face which looked upon them from the light on the brink of death; and every now and then a silhouette of a man can be seen far, far away during the sunrise and set. Those who invoked his anger upon themselves would soon find out that the light, taken stright from the sun and concentrated in Ezalor's lantern, proves to be an annihilating weapon when the situation would call for it, and a generally mischievous source of trouble for those who proved to be minor irritations to him and his task. Which is fit for a Keeper of the Light - it appears that he, regardless of his overall clumsiness and young age, was chosen for enlightenment all those long years ago. Which was required for him to prove his title - he keeps the balance of light and darkenss preserved. Guardian of the solunar cycle, Ezalor not only serves as a light at the end of the tunnel and a bright sparkle in every child's heart, he would stand to his last to preserve one of the times taking over the other - being it night, or day itself.

Quotes:
    Spawn
    Keeper of the Light.
    A new, glorious dawn.
    I keep the light, and not just only.
    Did I just miss the sunrise?
    I'm here to lighten you up.
    Sparkle-sparkle-sparkle!
    Is it the new year yet?

Moving
    Slightly faster.
    Light, as a feather.
    I carry my light through day and night.
    A shining pace.
    Far over the rainbow.
    Around the ellipse.
    Let my lantern light the path.
    An enlightened soul.
    A leading light.

Attacking
    Blighted creature!
    A light upon your wrongness!
    This is being out of character, I warn you!
    You asked for it.
    Cover your eyes.
    In the light of the situation!..
    I'll be going rough then.
    Creature of the gloom, I bring your doom!
    Light. Just light!
    Stop staring at my mount.

Cast Order:
    Not even remotely out of oil.
    So, how did you behave this year.
    I'll be in the spotlight.

Casting Illuminate:
    I'll be charging... My...
    Don't... Blink... Or you'll...
    Feel... The... Rainbow!
    This'll be no... Light... Decision!

Casting Mana Leak:
    And now I advise you not to move.
    Oh, whoopsie. You dropped something.
    Let's turn the valves.
    Let's face the situation lightly.
    In the light of the situation, you should just stay still.

Casting Chakra Magic:
    Your light shines brighter.
    All the better, all the better.
    This is what you get for being a good hero.
    Ho-ho-ho!
    A little present from me to you.

Casting Spirit Form:
    A higher order of daylight!
    The Sun Bringer!
    Doubt not the one who sees the true light!
    I bring the light, for I am the light!
    Behold the new dawn!

Casting Blinding Light:
    Grinding light!
    Blinding light!

Casting Recall:
    Follow the guiding light!
    Follow the lantern!
    I guide the path!
    Lost no longer!
    Lights of the big world!

Recall Interrupted:
    We lost him!
    My guiding light could not sustain it.
    Walk to the lights, walk to the lights- oh, sparkles.
    Could I not solve this one perplexion!

Killing:
    Bright, shiny, just a little bit dead.
    Ooooh, messy-shmessy.
    Tell you what, you died enlightened.
    Exposed to the mighty sun.
    Can you feel the sunshine?
    This is your present. Happy you must be.
    Your light dims.
    Not normally my task, but... Ho-ho.
    Ho-ho-ho!

Killing a Rival:
    You are but a deceptive refraction.
    All that glitters is not gold. It may actually be my property.
    Bounty Hunter, I send you to heaven's bounty.
    Shadow Demon. Just think of the name.
    Give me a reason not to evaporate this malicious gloomy bastard.
    Fade to your Abysm, and never come back.
    Nightcrawler, were you trying to duck and cover.
    As soon as I first saw you, I knew we would end up on one battlefield.
    Nightstalker, I am, for one, introducing you to the real light of sun.
    Stop whining - accept the change!
    It is you who I prepared for. Proved to be useful.
    Us arch-enemies normally don't leave each other alive. Take this as a little light in your head.
    Don't you TOUCH the rooster.
    Chen, true enlightment does not equal zealous fanatism.
    Phoenix, you're out, like a light.
    Phoenix, my candle outlives your flame.
    Let's look at Phoenix in a new light.
    Laser beams are but a murky imitation of the true beaming rays of burning sun I just evaporated you with!
    Charge your laser, and then we'll see.
    Whatever form you take during the full moon, a good ray of sunlight turns you into a dead man.

Dying:
    Dead... light... district.
    I see the light... at the end of the tunnel.
    I'll follow the guiding lantern...
    I step... into gloomy shadows.
    Grim darkness.
    You just... Killed... The New Year...
    Never again I see the light of day.
    Out like a light.
    Blown, like a candle.
    A heavy heart... a heavy... purse...
    In death, still light-headed.
    Light, weight.
    The lights are calling me... home...
    An endless night consumes us all.
    How could I? How could you...
    My heart no longer radiates.
    Dead sun chronicles...
    Dawn... fall.
    Punch the lights out, hit the pavement.

Respawning Quickly:
    It'll be a white night!
    Don't forget to turn off the lights... When you leave.

Spell Lore:
    Illuminate
    "Those who proved themselves to be worthy of total destruction and evaporation, which is, in itself, not an easy task, are shown the true heat of the sun, conducted at the tip of Ezalor's lantern."

Mana Leak
    "Killing is the last resort - at first, the Keeper gives a sign for his adversaries to stop while they have the time."

Chakra Magic
    "A beam of sunlight has always been a symbol for enlightenment and purity."

Spirit Form
    "In times of dire need, Keeper of the Light can turn himself and his mount to embody the sun itself, extending his wide range of powers even further."

Blinding Light
    "Those who choose to reach out to the sun can risk their eyes blinded and their feathers burned."

Recall
    "Many a stranger was saved from certain death, seeing the hoperful omen of a lantern-wielding silhouette."
    Last edited by 1337_n00b; 04-01-2012 at 07:30 AM.

Basic Member
    ...I really don't like the idea of a hero being santa claus.

Also, while not stated as a fact, Nightstalkers lore does mention that ALL creatures of the night died bar him. It is a story after all so the facts could be different, but if so then his lore is based on a story proven false in another heroes lore, which I feel is somewhat... wrong.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    ...I really don't like the idea of a hero being santa claus.

Also, while not stated as a fact, Nightstalkers lore does mention that ALL creatures of the night died bar him. It is a story after all so the facts could be different, but if so then his lore is based on a story proven false in another heroes lore, which I feel is somewhat... wrong.
    Was just about to write why is he santa claus.

Okay, telling the truth, I can't really remember why in hell would I make KotL Santa. Maybe I should quit the pills.

Still, I'm mentioning the other creatures that could have been around this time, though it is not very obvious. Invoker, Harbinger (if he has ever been to the planet before the events of the game) et cetera, they could all have been there during the endless night, and thus, not actually being the creatures of the night, survived.

Rewording.

some really nice liners ;D

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337_n00b View Post
    Still, I'm mentioning the other creatures that could have been around this time, though it is not very obvious. Invoker, Harbinger (if he has ever been to the planet before the events of the game) et cetera, they could all have been there during the endless night, and thus, not actually being the creatures of the night, survived.
    It's kind of questionable why in the world evolution would create anything other than a creature of the night when it is night 24/7, as that creature would be completely dominated and basically fighting a losing war for survival... But it wouldn't be the first time for evolution to be weird, so you got a point.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    It's kind of questionable why in the world evolution would create anything other than a creature of the night when it is night 24/7, as that creature would be completely dominated and basically fighting a losing war for survival... But it wouldn't be the first time for evolution to be weird, so you got a point.
    I think science has proven that evolution is a noob.

It's kind of questionable why in the world evolution would create anything other than a creature of the night when it is night 24/7,
    Evolution is kind of a moron, but still, the heroes I'm mentioning are just likely to have been born on the other planets. Harbinger, in fact, was (and I still doubt that this is his first visit to the world where Dota 2 takes place) born in some galaxy far-far away, and Invoker... Well, he could have been anywhere, timetravel spells, endless memory, you name it. Puck, Enigma and a couple of others also come to mind. It would be an equally bad idea to interview Enigma or to try to interview Night Stalker.

It would be awesome if you could explain that if he is the Keeper of the Light, then why does he shoot it? it makes no sense!

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed

If Ezalor is to be turned into Balanar's rival his ultimate needs to be changed.