Thread: [Arc Warden]Hero kills done by a dead Tempest Double don't grant bounty to Arc Warden

[Arc Warden]Hero kills done by a dead Tempest Double don't grant bounty to Arc Warden

If a Tempest Double kills an enemy Hero, then this gained EXP & Gold is transfered to the main Arc Warden instead.

This interaction is working for most cases, but there is one case in which no EXP is gained, only Gold.

Current behavior: Killing an enemy hero with a dead Tempest Doubles spell will grant no EXP to the main Arc Warden, only the gold.

Intended behavior: An enemy hero, that was killed by a Tempest Double, should always grant the main Arc Warden EXP, even if the Tempest Double died after casting his spell, but before actually killing the enemy hero.

Reproduction:

-Check your current EXP (e.g. 0/1700).

-Spawn an enemy hero and be sure that he is low on HP.

-Spawn a Tempest Double and move the main Arc Warden away (outside of the EXP range).

-Use one of the Tempest Doubles damaging spells as late as possible (to ensure that the Tempest expires before the spell kills the enemy hero).

-Check your mains EXP, it does not change, despite Arc Warden being granted for the kill (AW gets Gold, but no EXP).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZS0UonoXcw

If one repeats the above stops, but takes care that the enemy hero dies before the Tempest Double expires, then the main Warden gets Gold and EXP.

I tested a similar interaction with Chen, a persuaded Black Dragon and its AoE Fire spell.

Chen gets EXP & Gold for killing an enemy hero via its dead Black Dragon's spell, inside or outside of the EXP range.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 03-05-2017 at 01:55 PM. Reason: added post 7.00 vid

This bug is caused by the default xp interactions with heroes. Dead heroes do not soak up xp. The double should be an exception to that rule.

E: I added a video comparing alive kills vs dead kills
    Last edited by bu3ny; 07-01-2016 at 01:43 PM.
    Please, just call me buny.

Thanks for your support, Bu3ny.

The Experience mechanic for the Tempest Double is still bugged. Could this be fixed in the post-TI6 patch?
    I am usually located at the end of the Alphabet.

This is also still broken as of 7.00.

Lightbulb

This is still bugged as of 7.10 (and affects Monkey King as well).

clone interaction:

Hero clones (only Tempests & MK Soldiers) should be allowed to earn EXP while dead, so that posthumous kills transfer EXP to their respective main heroes.
    This should not lead to further problems, due to Tempests/MK Soldiers not being able to passively soak up EXP (unlike Meepo clones).

This interaction is already in place for illusions and all other summons, except for clones.

comparison with illus:
    Last edited by The_Zett; 03-08-2018 at 10:47 AM.

This is still bugged as of 7.22d. Please fix this for the Summer Scrub update.