Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Language settings ignored in matchmaking.

part 2 of the test. Spoofing my location to Washington, DC.
    https://imgur.com/a/sbYLaOq
    Last edited by BrainInside; 10-17-2019 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Image

For some reason even if I queue for eu west I still find people that claim to have set a "Russian", Stockholm server flag for the matchmaker even though i have more ping there and do not have the same primary language or server selected when I request a search.

However if I use a vpn that is set to Washington, DC I will find english speakers no matter what even if I set my server to Stockholm and set Russian as my secondary language

Racism?

Why do I have to play with people that do not understand me or go through the trouble of paying to a thirdparty and set up a vpn just so that I can communicate with my teammates? It is not okay. and I don't think a lot of scandinavian people enjoy them being threated with distrust by the matchmaker and the company of a free game they willingly donate money to with a sole purpouse of supporting the developement, just to be treated like criminals that try to sneak cocaine through a border.

I know a fair share of people from there that report russian speakers a regular occurance in their games, while I can queue for all the servers with a vpn and get exclusively english speakers

ALSO THE GAME DIDN'T ASK MY OPINOOPN WHEN i PLAYED ON RUSSIAN SERVERS AND NOPW IT DOE, MAYBE IT IS A COSNEQUENCE OF AN UPDATE 7043507 OR MAYBE THE GAME DISCRIMINATES ME BASED ON MY LOCATION

NIFTY LITTLE FACT

MATCHID: 5073088410 A STOMP THE MAJORITY OF TEAMMATES aRE USING ENGLISH EVEN THE ONES WITH remotely RUSSIAN NAMES, not a single cyrillic character in teamchat. The downside? Game is too easy and unsatisfying, people that have a low behaviour score here are actually throwing unlike on russian servers where virtually everyone is toxic and report distribution is random. Well and the need of setting up a vpn before the first launch of the game.

why do I have to pay Nord VPN and not valve for this, thrid party is getting money. They must be really satisfied with that geographical matchmaking feature