Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game Freezing

Game Freezing

Hey guys. Hope yall are having a good day.

Problem:So let me describe my problem then I will give you my specs and what things I have done to try and fix them. So my Dota 2 keeps freezeing and it goes unresponsive. I usually close it in task manager and reboot. Sometimes if I wait it comes back but usually not so usually I just close with task manager. It happens mid game and I have lost lots of mmr due to this problem.

Things I have tried: I got a new graphics card that stopped the crashing for a couple days but now it is doing it again.
    I have tried updating drivers(my drivers will not install, I have trouble shot that quite alot and am having trouble with that)
    I have validated my game files many times
    Tried putting it on my ssd, then my hdd again
    uninstall/reinstall
    uninstalled redistributes and reinstalled them

Specs
    i7 4790k @ 4.00 GHz
    24.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Z97-D3H-CF (motherboard)
    8192MB ATI Radeon RX 580 Series (XFX Pine Group)
    117GB SanDisk SSD U110 128GB (SSD)
    1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (SATA)

I have the things I think are crash reports zipped but the attachment manager gave me an undefined error.

Ok an update, got the drivers to install and now I am going to attempt to play a game.

I have played 5 games now without a crash. Problem seems to have been solved by installing the drivers(which took trouble shooting itself)

OK so it came back. I havent changed anything , drivers still installed. I have no idea what to do

Open task manager and look on processor and ram memory overload when game is freezing. And test in other strong games this freezes.

Ok update sense someone has attempted to give help. I have been running it with task and it has not crashed. I have also set prioity to 'above normal'.

Ok when it crashed with it up and there was no ram overload. The cpu didn't go above 80ish percent when it crashed. There was no spike it just fell. Idk how helpful that was. I tried taking a screenshot but for some reason light shot wasnt working.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange_jaket View Post
    Ok update sense someone has attempted to give help. I have been running it with task and it has not crashed. I have also set prioity to 'above normal'.
    I am not an expert, just trying to understand why it hapend, and mb helep.
    1-In other games no crashes?
    2-What OS u using?
    3-Pc not restarting when this crash happend?
    Last edited by BEST_; 04-08-2019 at 06:32 PM.

1. Nope, I don't play other games that often but it wasnt't happening with rust.
    2.Windows 10
    3.No the only program affected is Dota

And a continuing of the thread, I have started only using 1 screen when I play dota. So far no crashes and I have played several games.

Sorry if I was sassy, I am/was upset at the problem.