Thread: Dota 2 is very buggy for me, even after I refreshed Windows 10!

Dota 2 is very buggy for me, even after I refreshed Windows 10!

-It takes about 4 minutes just to start Dota.

-If I unplug/plug in a mic, dota 2 crashes.

-If I turn off my receiver (which works through HDMI), or if it turns off as it does every 8 hours, dota 2 crashes.

When dota 2 crashes, I must define that for you as it relates to me; sometimes it freezes my PC and I must do a hard reboot as my only remedy.

My specs:

i7 8700k : CPU
    NZXT Kraken X62; 2X Noctua 140mm, 2X NZXT 140mm : Liquid CPU Cooler
    RX 580 8GB MSI : GPU
    Phanteks P400s : Case
    SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 650W : PSU
    ASUS Prime Z370-A : MOBO
    WD Black 256GB : M.2 SSD
    SanDisk Plus 120GB : SSD
    WD Black 1TB : 2x HDD in RAID 1
    Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz : RAM
    Cyberpower CP1500PFCLCD 900W : UPS
    3x Noctua 140mm : CASE FANS
    1440p 144hz AOC AGON AG241QX 23.8” 1ms TN : MONITOR

Yamaha RX-V583BL 7.2 : Receiver

-In the recent patch, I bought the battle pass and about 604 levels on day 1 and in that first game I played... I just.... froze in the picking stage, before I could even pick a hero. As I continually tried to open Dota 2, it just kept freezing as I reconnected. This resulted in an abandon, and the reason why I chose to refresh Windows 10 64-bit.

-Dota 2 still takes a very long time to start.

-All drivers are installed and up to date

-This problem just kinda started happening a few months ago

My recent conduct summary had <3 reports, 2 abandons, and 8 commends. I pretty much never abandon on purpose. I continually go to LP because of this problem which keeps on getting me abandons. I basically have a Cyber Power UPS because I don't want abandons, yet here I am with a "IMINENT BAN" warning stating that I will get a 6-month ban soon even though I just won 2 games in a row, didn't flame, abandoned because of the game, and had <3 reports. Yesterday, I received a 48 hour ban after winning a game, after getting my battle pass up to level 900 and being excited to have fun. Help.

-Also interesting to note is that before I refreshed, I wasn't able to play with Vulkan. Now I Am. In Vulkan mode, dota didn't start at all. I had to put launch option -safe and play that way...
    Last edited by Dextromethorphan; 05-09-2019 at 02:10 AM.