Thread: [Keeper of the Light] Does non-channel illuminate really need to be a separate spell?

[Keeper of the Light] Does non-channel illuminate really need to be a separate spell?

Why can't aghs just remove the channel requirement from Illuminate, without the need of an entire new spell entry for a non-channeled version?

I thought Dota 2 was supposed to get rid of WC3 hack solutions like these.

Issues with current implementation

1. Acquiring aghs while already channeling cancels the channeling
    2. Losing aghs while a spirit channels Illuminate cancels its channeling
    3. The cooldowns can desynchronise, if you have cooldown reductions, or resets
    4. Time Dilation slows you 2x for Illuminate, since you technically have the same spell twice on cooldown
    5. Aghs Mana Void adds 70s cd to only of the 2 Illuminates
    6. The channeled version got some bugs fixed in the past, but the non-channeled version did not (e.g. multiple casts of channeled version do not mess each other up, but multiple casts of non-channeled version do)
    7. Whenever you make changes to Illuminate, there is a risk of forgetting the non-channeled version (this did happen a few times in the past before he got reworked, and it still happens frequently with TA's traps)
    8. Even after acquiring Aghanim's Scepter, Illuminate's tooltip still says "upgradeable by Aghanim's Scepter", instead of showing what the upgrade is.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 05-29-2019 at 03:15 PM.
    Please, just call me buny.

One more issue

9. Rubick's aghs doesn't work properly with Illuminate. The channeling relies on the enemy KOTL having aghs. If he casts the non-channeled version, you can steal it and use it without having aghs yourself. Vice versa, if you have aghs and the KOTL doesn't, you won't get the non-channeled version.
    Please, just call me buny.