Hello to anyone reading this,

I fell back to creating a thread in this forum, either as a last resort, or as a warning for anyone who is considering to do what I did,
as I did not get much help from Steam's Help support.

This year, I purchased a Battle Pass with 100 levels and soon found myself going through the Jungle Expedition Mini-Game.
I debated purchasing a Dota Plus subscription at the time but I hesitated because the features it came with do not work in the only two modes I play.
There is no progression for Turbo and Ability Draft and any features that did work were already a part of this year's Battle Pass.

As I reached the end of my Jungle Expedition, I caved and purchased a Dota Plus subscription because of a set I've been wanting to purchase with the shards, only to learn that Shards were not granted retroactively.
I did not see any of the points reflected in my account, and I scrambled to find any information and disclaimers that mentioned this would be so. (Perhaps I needed to claim the shards etc)
I'm still hoping this is a case of (You need to activate the shards from your inventory) but no such luck so far.

There is now no way for me to earn these shards as they have been marked "completed", and it's not like I can play the jungle expedition again, or do any of the quests in Turbo or Ability Draft.

I panicked and closed Dota 2, went to Steam Help support and posted a ticket. I thought I was well within the conditions required when requesting a refund:
Steam will offer refund for in-game purchases within any Valve-developed games within forty-eight hours of purchase, so long as the in-game item has not been consumed, modified or transferred. Third-party developers will have the option to enable refunds for in-game items on these terms. Steam will tell you at the time of purchase if the game developer has opted to offer refunds on the in-game item you are buying. Otherwise, in-game purchases in non-Valve games are not refundable through Steam.
Unfortunately, Steam Help support swiftly shut me down and mentioned that they can only offer refunds for items that have not been consumed.
I did not realize that a monthly subscription was a consumed item. I thought it wouldn't even be considered consumed seeing as a punched a ticket within the first hour after purchase.
I googled for similar cases and only saw one case of a person having successfully requested a refund due to an auto-renewal of subscription.

I tried my luck again and posted another ticket with a better explanation of my situation. Unfortunately I do not think Steam's Help support will be able to help me out with this problem.
They were quick to come to a conclusion without reading my woes in my first ticket. I'm hoping someone in here has a better way of asking support for help with this refund request,
or better yet, an explanation of how my dumb ass simply missed out on how to add the battle-pass shards to my dota plus account.