Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Does passive aghanim bonus require level in ultimate

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Does passive aghanim bonus require level in ultimate

Summary: Tiny with 0 level in Grow will not gain the tree's passive bonus from Aghanim.

Reproduce:
    -Pick Tiny
    -Get Aghanim
    -Find multiple creeps together and attack one.

Result:
    Only the creep you attacked take damage, there was no cleave.

Expected:
    He should have the attack range/cleave/demolish bonus.

This also affect Enchantress.
    Last edited by RoflCat; 07-16-2013 at 04:37 PM.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    aghanims upgrades the ultimate of some of the heroes. tiny cant equip a tree if his grow ultimate is not level 1 or more because what will the aghanims upgrade? if its 0 then none right?

Basic Member
    You need a point in ultimate for aghanims to work. Aghanim's effectively exchanges your 3 levels of the ultimate with other 3 levels (basically another spell). If you have the ultimate lvl0, the aghanims ultimate will also be lvl0.

For Nightstalker, Aghanim's upgrades his Hunter in the Night skill, so I think it should work without a level in darkness. Not 100% sure tho.

Basic Member
    tiny does grab a tree even with no level on grow, but there is no cleave and i assume those bonuses are also not applied. on the other hand, night stalker will always get the unobstructed vision at night. i guess when meepo comes out, he will also have one clone without leveling up ulti

Scepter upgrade should work even if the ultimate is not skilled.

Tiny's scepter works differently from other upgrades, it adds the demolish and cleave abilities to tiny himself without interaction with his Grow skill. He should be benefiting from scpter even without any points in Grow.

About nightstalker, hunter in the night is technically not upgraded either. NS gets a dummy with flying vision when he has scepter, and he will gain the upgrade as long as he has skilled hunter in the night or crippling fear.

Meepo is indeed also another scepter special case, he will gain an extra clone even if he has not skilled his ultimate.

Moved to main and added to common bugs list.
    Last edited by DLRevan; 03-29-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    Didn't realize this got moved, bumping and editing the OP to have repro.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BLABLAFU View Post
    For Nightstalker, Aghanim's upgrades his Hunter in the Night skill, so I think it should work without a level in darkness. Not 100% sure tho.
    It even works without Hunter in the Night. It works every night.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    This happens with Enchantress as well (original thread). Entry in common bugs list should be updated since it only mentions tiny.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    Moved to main and added to common bugs list.
    did you add it to the sticky already? i couldnt find it.

i would lean towards adding this and the enchantress issue to the intended fix list.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage