Thread: Suggestion to reduce the abuse of reports

Basic Member

Suggestion to reduce the abuse of reports

Many people use reports in a wrong way. They will report a player for playing slightly worse, despite not intentionally ruining the game or abusing abilities. Here I want to address how some people report enemy players for communication abuse, despite not deserving those reports. Here's a showcase of how people abuse the system by reporting techies pickers: https://imgur.com/a/v3GYI0z. Notice how my allies almost never report me and actually commend me, while after almost every game I get reported by the enemy players. I can't play dota anymore because I am placed in a low behavior pool where there are a lot of toxic people I need to play with, despite not being toxic myself, along with being constantly muted and unable to convey crucial information to my allies.

THE SUGGESTION

What if we had an option in the settings that prevented us to talk to the enemy team on all chat and also made us immune to enemy reports for communication abuse? After all, you literally can't talk to the enemy, so they shouldn't be able to report you for something you're not doing, right? I think this suggestion is great because it solves the problem with no negative consequences and works well within the automated reporting system of dota.

I tried to post this on reddit as well, but people downvote it so it won't have visibility.
    Last edited by demon-storm; 09-06-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Basic Member
    I'm a techies main myself (Master Rank Lv. 25) and even I get the same scrutiny for picking techies DESPITE the game loading shows my stats as techies.

Also in the link what site u using to get the report/commend results ? I wanna know my self too.

Basic Member
    how long does it take for the dam script to load ? It's taking me ages to finish.

Basic Member
    Do I do it on web browser or on the steam client it self ? I'm doing the web browser.

Basic Member
    On the web browser. I think it only works on chrome

Can we get a response from valve? I am sitting at 1k behavior with 2 temporary bans already and I think a permanent one is next. I haven't said a single thing to the enemy team in like 10 games and got around 20 commends from my allies. Got like 4 reports, and all were either comm abuse from the enemy or role report, which are both incorrect because I play my role and I have never talked to the enemy team in those games.

Yes, peoples use report for useless things, just because they are mad about something that would not impact in a bad way. Like new strategyes of share of the farm as support, or pick what ever support you want. I talk it in my post https://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=290231

Too many idiots abusing reports now and making my behaviour score dropped from 9000+ to 5000+. STUPID REPORT SYSTEM that does not work exactly what it should be.
    [ SEA & Western English are different ~ please understand ]
    [ If I accidentally insulted or post harmful content, please do notify me or remove it ]
    -