Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [suggestion/solution] Report System - Reward good gameplay & behavior instead

Basic Member
    early ideas with report system. at present its based on behavior score. i dont feel the need to send anybody to SD, which is silly.

just pit offenders with similar offenders... let them continue playing ranked games, but only with offenders. let the skill gap be large and rewards be less(or not). once they get tired facing people like themselves (serial thrower)... they will have to learn to shut up and play and just try and win.

no need to punish anybody by sending them to some training field expecting to learn something. people will only learn by virtue of things.

Basic Member
    I believe most obvious improvement would be making comments more valuable. There's nothing more disheartening than getting 15 commends, 4 reports and still dropping 1500 behavior score. Like, what the hell?

Also: https://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php...75#post1448975 - here's a solution to the abuse of communication abuse reports that some enemy players usually resort to when they're salty after a bad game or simply reporting techies pickers just because

Something needs to be done regarding role reports. They're way too abusable. You can play perfect games on your position and still drop in behavior score if people decide to report you.

Finally, the devs need to learn that positions are fluid in dota 2. THIS IS NOT LEAGUE OF LEGENDS!! For example, techies is a great pos 4 (soft support) if paired with an initiator pos 3 (offlane) like sand king. You can babysit your offlaner until he gets his timings, then you can take one lane farm and constantly split push until you're 25. Then you become a threat as an actual core due to the 251 damage talent and you can basically be considered the third core. Robotvice (immortal ranked techies player) showcased this numerous times and he has like 60%+ win rate with techies.

As a techies spammer, I'm already at my second ban and I'm afraid a permanent one is next so I stopped playing the game altogether until valve actually solves this clown fest.

Basic Member
    I'm a top70 dotabuff techies myself ( used to be top 30 ) but I totally understand you.

Basic Member
    No one hears you. The behavior score in the your last behavior report has fallen below %s1 and your communication privileges have been temporarily revoked.

Great as long as I'm below 3k score im perma muted for good. It's bad enough the game is difficult without communication but now with the latest update, my chance to raise my score has gone to 0%...........from this point on ppl will abuse non-stop till i go below 1k scor and get bannedand theres nothing i can do to defend my self.

Basic Member
    The stupidity behind it is.....when players cant communicate, aren't the teammates the one to suffer? SERIOUSLY where is the common sense?

In modern digital technology, it's actually VERY easy to write code that can mute players. Or otherwise, allow a manual unmute button for pre-muted players. Are people who chat really the issue anyway? It's usually along these lines:

"Stupid noob dog" "Noob carry" "Why pick this hero?" "Why buy this item?" "Why no TP"

A lot of times, it's true. It's an undeniable fact there are too many core players in the game, and being too many, many are bound to be bad.
    It's so ridiculous whoever is with this punish em' mentality. Once enough people are frustrated they will leave the game for good.

This is a fact: In a TEAM GAME filled with random players WITH THEIR OWN THINKING, EACH AND EVERYONE ONE OF EM... THERE WILL NEVER BE GREAT CHEMISTRY. Even if you get 5 in a party there with voice communication. MANY THINGS WILL GO WRONG. PRO PLAYERS also do not have the best of sync play or otherwise team chemistry.

Sumail the boss just left QC or got kicked, whatever. Think about it, if pro players can't even sync, how would you expect PUBLIC GAMES TO BE BETTER THAN THAT?

You can't be reporting each other just because games didnt work out. It's a whole different story however when someone decides to grieve and ruin the game. THESE ARE PEOPLE WHO NEEDS PUNISHMENT.

GAME SPOILERS get PUNISHED.
    BAD PLAYERS LOSE MORE MMR. BUYERS FIXED. -- Why buy if you're gonna lose it all in no time?
    GOOD PLAYERS GAIN MORE MMR. SMURF SOLVED. -- Why smurf when you're gonna be immortal in no time?
    TRASH TALKERS - PRE-muted. PARTY COMMUNICATIONS SOLVED.

It doesn't get any more difficult than that. Why write stupid algorithms that don't seem to solve anything? Common sense is enough.
    Last edited by biatche; 10-11-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Basic Member
    Why bother.. theyre trying to address the matchmaking abuse and still cant fix it since dota 2 came out lmao. Its almost like dota 2 team hasnt got even one person who plays at ancient or above skill level. The way the matchmaking is balanced around a trivial number while ignoring all other player characteristics and moreso its all hidden. Unranked matches are unplayable cause same rules dont apply in regards to solo q and party stacks of 2 3 4 and 5.

Conduct summary drops for whatever reason their moronic algorithm deems for and the issue of gang reports looking for scape goats (usually the best player in the team who tryhards and ends up feeding becauase his moron team cant play dota at a basic level) and subsequently gets reported by same morons. There is no justice in dota just r3tarded sjw implementations to protect noobs. Everything dota 2 team done for the past few years is to make dota 2 a safe space for morons and the playerbase keeps dropping anyway.

Can you imagine me playing for over 15 years and contemplating quitting now of all times lol. This is a joke if matchmaking isnt fixed from the ground up theres no point torturing yourself. Your win loss is dictated by behavior score and hidden matchmaking metrics on when youre supposed to lose or get a harder game because youre doing too good. Your team skill drops through the floor and enemy team has 5 players of your caliber. Unwinnable scenario you can only scream at. Ive put up with this shit for years but in the last few months it got 5 times worse.
    Last edited by 5teen; 10-20-2019 at 07:02 AM.