Thread: Better Shop Hotkeys

Basic Member

Post Better Shop Hotkeys

Hello everyone,

Shop hotkeys can make the shopping experience in Dota much faster and easier.
    You can keep your mouse and eyes on your hero and minimap while buying important healing.
    The Sticky Quickbuy shows how important fast shop access is to reduce loss of gold when dieing.
    It is really easy now to buy two claritys by just hitting -q22- for example.

First of all I really appreciate the new layout in 7.23.
    Accessing the the all basic itemcategories with q-r and the upgrades with a-h is a major improvement to last patch.

The hotkeys 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,-,=,[ and ] are still displayed on the left column of the shop.
    1. This feels out of place.
    2. I use a german keyboard and the minus key is way off
    3. I cant access the =,[ or the ] key, because they are used with SHIFTor STRG+ALT combination.

I think it would be great, if you could buy every item in Dota with hotkeys easily.
    What do you think?
    Lets cut to the chase. In my opinion the best solution would be to have custom hotkey bindings in dota by implementing a Shop hotkey tap in the advanced options.
    I suggest the normal keys from 1-7 and alt+1-7 as the standart hotkeys instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,-,=,[ and ].
    The benefit is clear as the range of number on the keyboard is cut in half and now accessable.
    However there are 12-15 items in each category. Therefore you would need 15 bindings.

Secondly as of now you cant access the secret shop Items via Hotkeys. The T button is not bound to that category.

Let me know what you think
    I dont know if devs are planning to implement this already.
    I would highly appreciate it myself as it would make buying items in Dota much more awesome.

with best regards

Beasis

Basic Member
    Please this! I hate the way the hotkeys work in doat 2