Thread: [BUG] Workshop tools failing to compile vmats and vmdls

Exclamation [BUG] Workshop tools failing to compile vmats and vmdls

when I try to compile an item in the item importer I get this error

no vmat is created and upon further inspection no vmdl was compiled either

This happened shortly after Tiny's updated slots were readded to the tools

I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this issue
    it seems to only affect the importer as my manually compiled models in the custom game tools seem to work just fine

this is after validating files and a full reinstall of the game and the tools.

I'm hoping that this is resolved before the deadline for the spring 2020 call to arms, as this would greatly hinder my ability to participate.

After uninstalling Dota 2 with Revo to flush out all traces of it and a fresh install
    I'm finding that I can compile for heroes like Antimage but not for Juggernaut or Faceless Void for some odd reason.

This might be an issue tied to certain heroes.

I have been having the same issue trying to import some test models where it always fails to compile the .vmdl file. I have tested on a few heroes with old sets and while importing an old Phantom Lancer set everything works, but after re-exporting the same model to a new FBX it fails. The working FBX files were exported from 3DS Max 2016 while the new ones that fail were exported from 3DS Max 2020 using FBX Plug-in version: 2019.2 Release (71e69bd5d). Maybe the newer FBX export is causing the import to fail, or it might all just be caused by those missing Tiny files since the recent update.

we are fixing this for the next update

Quote Originally Posted by Tvidotto View Post
    we are fixing this for the next update
    It should be solved by now, let me know over thiagov@valvesoftware.com if the problem persists.

TY Thiago, everything seems to be working perfectly now! I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawt Koffee View Post
    TY Thiago, everything seems to be working perfectly now! I'll let you know if I run into any issues.
    Great!!