Thread: MMR Decayed afraid of getting banned for smurfing

Basic Member

MMR Decayed afraid of getting banned for smurfing

My MMR has decayed severely from about 4k at one point to being 2.8k after placements this season, I hadn't played for over a year and my last placements I had gone like 2-8.
    Now if I pick TA every game I look like a smurf, my scores every game I win look disgusting. I was wondering if I keep doing this to get back to my old rank I'll get banned for rising too quickly.

If I do, does Valve have an appeal process?

Also I'm only logging on from my home IP every day. Does the new system take that into account?

Basic Member

Exclamation This affects me as well

I'll describe my experience on this playing meepo.
    I dropped to 2.2k, got into low pri 3 times on the way to 2.9, the point at which I got a 2 days ban yesterday. It's ridiculous

Thing is, both teammates and enemies indiscriminately report me every game. If I win, they report me for smurfing, and if I lose, they report me for "picking meepo in 2k". They don't even bother listen when I say I have a 77% winrate on the hero.

My behavior score dropped from 8k to 5k in just a 700 mmr rise. I'm looking for a solution if anyone has anything to suggest, and no, "don't play meepo" is not a valid solution. I should be allowed to play any hero I want as long as I'm not actively trying to ruin other people's games.

The system is automatic, it just looks at player reports, your scores/wins/etc. and makes a decision. I'm also interested in knowing if it looks at IP when making decisions. I'm in a huge dynamic IP pool, but I only ever logged in from IPs within my country.

Basic Member
    lol how does one drop that low in mmr.