Thread: Valve could you fix these issues please?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Valve could you fix these issues please?

pheonix's "power" rating (shown in debug console) is 10x that of other heroes - so wont be attacked.

enigma, monkey king, elder titan, IO can cause mode registration (output to dota_bot_debug_team X) to break - which causes multiple issues (anywhere from tri-laning to no laning period at all)

Riki - Bot cant use Tricks of Trade since skills moved around (prints show tricks in slot 2, doesnt show smokescreen anywhere, but smokescreen works)

Dark Willow runs down mid lane and feeds during laning if she doesnt get mid alone.

getlinearprojectiles() causes high memory usage.

cant call getlocation() against courier properly, cant call wasrecentlydamagedbyX() against courier, cant call getnearbyheroes() against courier <- these might not be so needed anymore with so many couriers, but will be needed again when you change back to 1 courier for the team.

most of these issues have been current for well over 3 years now.
    thanks in advance.

Basic Member
    ive also had my "bot_XXX.lua" stop working lately too, not sure why..... EXP bots still works, a lot of mine are based on his old scripts. (if bot_brewmaster.lua is implemented, then brewmaster wont move or add skills, etc)
    if anyone has any ideas or similar problems i would love to hear them.

Basic Member
    They've long since abandoned bot scripting. The writing was on the wall a few years ago once they demonstrated AI at The International. It was only a couple of months after that we stopped seeing dev posts in this forum. We could hold out for a while but now things are falling apart with the game updates vs. API and I don't think we'll ever see a resurgence. They're just letting the bot scripting section dry out until no one remains.
    I check back every half a year or so in hopes of seeing something, but it's complete silence.

Basic Member
    yea im just hoping.
    ive noticed they have touched things behind the scenes, like they always have.
    hoping that someone at valve still cares about the bot side of the game enough to put a couple of hours into fixing a few things.
    there are still plenty of people out there that play mostly or only bots who spend money on the game.