Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Linking Items in chat

[Suggestion] Linking Items in chat

The shop has a great search function to find items quickly. But how about adding a item linking kind of function for the chat for new players.

Say you're playing with a friend and your friend is brand new. You tell him to buy an item over Team Speak or Ventrilo but may have trouble spelling the item? possible, anyway:

It would work just as it did for a game like World of Warcraft, hold a key, click on the item while chat is opened and hit Enter. The other players can click the item in the chat, whether it's an icon or colored text, it would bring up the shop menu with the item highlighted.

Just a small suggestion that popped into my head today, what do you guys think?

Edit: An example by Wyk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyk View Post
    Last edited by RPGspirit; 10-15-2011 at 05:20 PM.

This is honestly a pretty cool idea. I have concerns that new players won't learn if they simply get all the items linked at them, but regardless it's quite convenient and would be a great feature.

Basic Member
    +1

Just something to make the game easier for those new fellows.

Very cool feature that was in Aion (I'm sure it's in WoW and other MMOs) and made it super easy to communicate what things were. I feel like this should be a luxury feature (maybe even post-release), but it would help teaching new people a LOT. This would be doubly effective if you are coaching someone and need to quickly communicate what to buy.

Reminds me of world of warcraft, but its a very good idea indeed. would be cool if it got implented into the game, could help your team check things like cooldowns etc faster when talking about an item.

Neat idea. Something like this would be awesome? Ctrl + Click on Item in Shop = Direct chat embed. Also typing the item's name will open up a small scroller for suggestions and embedding like an auto-complete box.

Item Suggestion 1.jpg
    Last edited by Wyk; 10-14-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuji View Post
    Reminds me of world of warcraft, but its a very good idea indeed. would be cool if it got implented into the game, could help your team check things like cooldowns etc faster when talking about an item.
    That's actually a pretty cool feature there, cooldown timers. Maybe it can work with skills too.

Nice... and when you click on the linked items name in chat it would open the shop and the tab where the item is so you can buy without searching the shop.

I fully support this. Wanted to make a thread about it too actually

Awesome idea indeed! Suggesting items to other players sounds cool.