Thread: Dota 2 Random, short connection issues

Basic Member

Dota 2 Random, short connection issues

I started playing Dota 2 last week, and I didn't have this problem when I first started but it has started in the past 2 or so days. Basically, every 5 minutes or so my game will lag out and I will get a red message at the top right side of the screen saying there is an issue with my connection. This lasts for 5 or so seconds several times and is very disruptive. Dota is the only program affected during these connection issues, I can still browse and don't get disconnected from other applications. Also, for whatever reason, It definitely happens more frequently early in the game, or soon after connecting to a game, like when I join a game as a spectator it will do the same thing for the first 20 or so minutes after joining.. I have tried running with only my computer on the network connected, and have tried with steam as the only program running on my computer but still have this issue.

Basic Member
    I should note that it is solely a problem between dota 2 and my network. I do not get disconnected in the same way from steam or playing any other steam games or anything else in general.

using the console type in "net_graph 5" and take screen shots of the graph when you experience the spike.

if you do not have the console enabled close DotA2 open steam go to your library and do the following;

right click DotA2 -> properties -> Launch options -> add line "-console" without quotes.
    CPU make and model: intel i7 4700MQ 2.4ghz
    GPU make and model: Nvidia Geforce 860M
    Ram: 8GB DDR3
    Operating System: Win7 HP
    Connection speed: 600KB/s || 100KB/s || 764MS