Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Add Courier "In transit" messages to team chat when being used, and more

Smile [Suggestion] Add Courier "In transit" messages to team chat when being used, and more

In many pub games, i've realized that people tend to forget about the courier or reroute it while it's being used. I've come up with a couple ideas to help people keep "track" of the courier.

-When an action is given to the courier, it displays a message in team chat.
    -When it is "in transit" it has a "buff" that states it
    -When you select the courier, it displays a green/red line to whom it is either traveling to or where
    -When in transit, while holding the "alt" key (default for seeing hero icons on minimap) will display courier PATH in a thin line across your minimap

I believe this will help remove the confusion factor to whom is using the courier on the team without having to state it in text or voice chat. It's a simple way to help communicate the usage.
    Last edited by rescgaming; 04-01-2012 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Added fourth suggestion

Basic Member
    Having the courier's pathing shown on the minimap seems like a brilliant idea.

Automated chat messages seem entirely plausible as well, seeing as Valve has similar mechanics in the works for calling MIA's.

Basic Member
    +9999

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    By the Tree of Life I think he's got it!

+2

Having a soft, glowing trail on the minimap showing the courier's current destination would be great.

Basic Member
    +9000

I think this is a great idea. Maybe also a "courier killed by" or "last moved by x" so we can know who is the bastard that kills the courier when you have your groundbreaking item on it and have to wait 5 mins.,...

+1

+culling damage

can we interrupt courier when it in transit?