Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Destroying Trees & Fog of War

Basic Member

[Fixed] Destroying Trees & Fog of War

When someone eat a tree or destroy a tree.. it can be seen by anyone.. which is crucial in gameplay of jungling heroes and juking techniques..

ex. beastmaster can wild axe trees and trees animation being cut down is seen by enemy heroes even from a far.. it gives certain advantage to know someone is jungling in forest and can pinpoint your location...

Hopefully trees destroy animation will be exactly like in dota1...

thanks... hopefully we can fix this soon...

Basic Member
    i guess that was an engine bug of wc3 (where trees are resources, that can be salvaged).
    i must say, i dont really miss that one. might lean into being a balance issue though.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

I say this is a bug (if its really true)..

you can easily spot a jungling lycan early game (cutting specific trees) or know that 1 bot hero is melee (carrying a quelling blade) or as what OP said, skills that cuts trees, you know that this hero is farming etc...
    I hate people that put their Rig specs in the signature. This is not overclock.net!
    CPU: AMD Trainwrecker AM5+ 12150 hexacontatetra-core 1.65 Thz | RAM: Corsair Revenge 4TB DDR6 (0.24-0.24-0.36) | GPU: Sapphire 9990 128GB GDDR9 Hexa-Fired (0.65/0.95/1.1Thz) | Resolution: @ 20480x12800
    Connection: - Telus: (70MB/10MB)
    All Specs shown in the signature are fictitious, any resemblance to real hardware, current or obsolete, is purely coincidental

This gives quite a lot of information... I dont think they intend to keep it that way.

Added to sticky.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Banned
    I think this should be in the moderate priority bugs list instead of the low priority bugs list since it completely destroys some tactics

ie: you take a solo hero to longlane against a trilane and you use quelling blade to find a weird spot to hide in xp range -> you can't use this tactic at all since enemy can see destroyed trees in fog anyway without investing anything

Basic Member
    I am pretty sure that if professional players can't notice nor can your average joe from MM nor anything similar....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanics View Post
    I am pretty sure that if professional players can't notice nor can your average joe from MM nor anything similar....
    who said they can't notice it? what a silly argument

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H3ndriX View Post
    who said they can't notice it? what a silly argument
    Demon has done exactly what was described. Tidehunter was hiding in trees to leech xp of a lane, he went from 1 to 4 and was not noticed, he moved when the lane was getting pushed.

Basic Member
    why is this even 'low' bug, should be fixed asap. the tree at bot lane shop, which is really useful in pubs can be seen.
    FIX MM.