View Poll Results: Should the method used to spawn creeps, finally see an evolution?

Voters
401. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, creeps spawning from thin air (or no Rax) is archaic.

237 59.10%
  • No, it's a gameplay mchanic, who cares what it loosk like.

101 25.19%
  • I don't care either way.

63 15.71%
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do Creeps still spawn from thin air - even when the Rax down?

Thumbs up Why do Creeps still spawn from thin air - even when the Rax down?

It's time DotA evolved its method of spawning Creeps, because having them appear out of thin air (even without a Rax) looks so 2002

...DotA needs to improve the visuals/style/method of creeps spawn. Because it's currently really bad. Being such a well polished game, maybe its time the creep-spawning mechanic evolved - possibly having them spawn in front of the Ancient (isn't he/she spawning them anyway?).

What do you guys think?

EDIT: I just had a great idea how we could animate the spawning of creeps in a meaningful & informative way.
    ...As it stands right now, there's no clear indicator when creeps are gunna spawn, but we can fix that!

SOLUTION: The creep's "souls" could emerge [from each throne] as little blue/red whisps, and over the course of a few seconds they could slowly fly to their spawn location!

This would give a visual indicator as to exactly WHEN the creeps spawn! ...So it'll no longer be a guessing game.
    Last edited by Acid Snow; 04-10-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Basic Member
    After rax are down creeps could emerge from the ground and have a zombie-ish look!

Well, it is fantasy game, so it's fine to be unrealistic. I do agree though that they could make it more real. Maybe coming up some stairs from an underground tunnel or something.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Are there some examples in other MOBAs about how could this change? I mean, have LoL, HoN or I dunno, some of those chinese dota-like multiplayer games taken this in account? I'm not really into any other games so that's my question.

LOL has its' creeps march out of the main building, due to a lack of barracks.

In fact, this has been bothering me as well. A teleportation animation would fit quite nicely.

I've thought about this before, but couldn't think of anything that would make sense. I'm not a fan of them clawing their way out of the ground, but I do agree it's random having them just appear out of thin air.
    Doing a great job Valve!

Having units pop into existence without any kind of effect or animation is unpolished. Its not fantastical, its just bad. There should be something, even if its just a puff of smoke.

An orange portal could open and creeps jump out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.ioes View Post
    An orange portal could open and creeps jump out of it.
    For science.

I'd like to see them either walking out of the raxes or spawning out of sth. Like giving the dire creeps a SC 2 zerg eggish spawn animation and let the radiant ones appear in a warp-inish animation