Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: DOTA 2 Crashing? Come Here Dota 2 Crash Fix and Fixes to Errors, Freezing, Lagging

Quote Originally Posted by Waste_R View Post
    My pc restarts after accepting to enter a game in Dota 2. After accepting it starts loading but the loading never ends and after 15"-20" the pc restarts. (no blue screen, no error/crash messages)
    Got absolutely no idea of what is wrong. All my drivers are up to date.
    Please if anyone knows something, thank you in advance.
    pc maintenance

99% of those issues are in no one linked directly to dota 2

pc restarting is still a blue screen in some cases and by default windows restarts when bsod occurs. other then that it could be a bad psu

help me, im using a toshiba laptop, and i was playing dota 2 fine for almost a week now since i got the beta key. now its starting to show problems. i cant play and had to abandoned game due to lag and in-game freezing. the character would run in the same spot for a few minutes, move again n stops again and continues throughout the game and sometimes and error comes up stating something like this ( error :103.28.54.111:27019 will disconnect in ___ seconds). i thought it only happened when im playing matchmaking but actually its to all the others ones like playing with bot and also when i want to watch other people playing. im sure its not my internet problem since i can play dota 1 on garenaplus fine with no lag and no buffering on youtube( don't know if this is relevant), so please, help me out with this anyone. since i abandoned 2 times already, its put me in low priority list

Basic Member

Help pls

My dota 2 UI seems different when I last updated it..the Today tab only shows the Dota 2 logo and the find match find lobby tabs etc. are color yellow green. When I try to join a match..it only loads after that it crashes and exits..the other tabs like learn tab when I try to click it the game crashes and exits. I don't seem to know whats the problem here pls help me.

Basic Member
    Hi. I have some problems with Dota2. When i play, my hero gets out of control and he does what he wants. So i have to reboot the game. I've made a screen where you can see flags when you specify the way of hero. Screen is attached. 2012-05-20_00002.jpg

Basic Member
    Hello, I have problem with Dota2 after launching. I can't see the game screen, I can hear sound that game is running and when i drag cursor over desktop i can hear button sounds.

I am using AMD Radeon HD 6770, driver is updated.

Any suggestions?

Basic Member
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=39440 Has someone got any ideas?

Basic Member
    Help me solve this annoying problem/'
    untitled.JPG

Basic Member
    I was able to play Dota 2 about 2 months ago, but as of last week, I haven't been able to actually play the game.

Here's my computer specs:

AMD Radeon HD 6850 w/ Catalyst Drivers 12.4
    8 GB 1600 DDR3 RAM
    Windows 7 (fully updated)
    Avast Anti-virus(Free version, Fully disabled when I try to launch)
    Intel i7 2600

Not sure if there's anything else you guys should know, but here's the gist of it:

I press play in Steam, then Steam brings up a window saying "Preparing to Launch Dota 2". My friends who are on Steam say that they get a notification saying I am "now playing Dota 2". On first attempt, it also brings the Steam Update News window.

Then, nothing happens. I've opened up my task manager, and when I hit play, no Dota 2 process comes up in my task manager, and nothing shows up on my taskbar.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled with a proper clean install, everything is updated properly.... basically I'm at a loss.

Never been a big fan of the game, thought I'd give it a second chance because I have friends that play it, but this, combined with Valve's lackluster customer support is pushing me towards changing my mind on the second chance. Anyway....

I've also tried launching from the exe instead of through steam, and that doesn't work either. DirectX is up to date as well.

Basic Member
    bump.

Thank you this has helped me solve my problems
    Signature made by Jololo