Thread: Unable to click on anything in game after launching client

Basic Member

Unable to click on anything in game after launching client

Hi,

I recently started playing Dota 2 again for the first time in many months, and am experiencing a consistent issue whereby after I launch the client, the mouse cursor remains as the default windows cursor rather than changing to the in-game cursor. I am then unable to click on anything on the screen at all. I have to keep relaunching the client over and over and maybe 1 times in 10 will it launch properly and be usable.

I'm running the game in a borderless window, on Windows 7 if that information is relevant at all. Not sure what other information I might need to give.

Basic Member
    Try adding -autoconfig as a launch option and see if that resolves your issue. Remove it again once it works.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozuu View Post
    Try adding -autoconfig as a launch option and see if that resolves your issue. Remove it again once it works.
    Thanks I'll give that a try. Unfortunately the issue has decided to be inconsistent, and now having forced the game into fullscreen via the launch options, the mouse is working again even after reverting to borderless window. I won't count it as resolved just yet because the game worked for a good while yesterday too before today it broke again, so I'll try that autoconfig thing is the issue reoccurs.