Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Weaver - Time Lapse after respawn

[Confirmed] Weaver - Time Lapse after respawn

Die with weaver, wait your long~ death cooldown
    As soon as you respawn at pool, Time Lapse before 5 seconds pass by.
    You will warp back to the spot you originally died at with the low hp you were at (unless you lost all your hp in like 2 seconds or something).

Expected: the "5 seconds before" that determines weaver's placement/status should be reset upon reviving, NOT 5 seconds sometime from the previous life.

brainstorming thread .. not much of a brainstorm, but just got a confirmation so I assume it is not intended how it currently works.

Basic Member

So what you're saying is, if you wait out your respawn time (lets say 40secs), then use time lapse the moment you respawn, you end up at the location you died with minimal hp?
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

i thought this was fixed? or did i misread the patch notes

edit : read again the notes and did some test.so yeah. they did fixed it but only for respawning with aegis. not normal respawn.. damn
    Last edited by xXSynXx; 04-06-2012 at 01:35 AM.
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."

re-adding this to the sticky
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.

Basic Member
    This was possible in DotA and was shown on one of the blooper videos

Edit: nope, I was wrong, It was the buyback time lapse I saw
    Last edited by shaoqi; 04-07-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Basic Member
    what about buyback? shouldnt you be able to timelapse back into the fight, when you insta buyback?
    after 40 seconds, it is clear, that time lapse shouldnt be possible, but after 4 seconds, it should.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    You dont lapse into minimal hp, but around 10% when i tested.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    So what you're saying is, if you wait out your respawn time (lets say 40secs), then use time lapse the moment you respawn, you end up at the location you died with minimal hp?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    what about buyback? shouldnt you be able to timelapse back into the fight, when you insta buyback?
    after 40 seconds, it is clear, that time lapse shouldnt be possible, but after 4 seconds, it should.
    true, i havent tested buying back right away and time lapsing.. but im sure it would do the same thing. as for whether or not doing it that way should allow you to get back right into the fight is something im not sure about.

Quote Originally Posted by drag0nius View Post
    You dont lapse into minimal hp, but around 10% when i tested.
    10% isn't minimal?
    depends how fast you died. i died slowly to roshan and tested, i revived with very low hp. as opposed to getting nuked to death within 2~ seconds you come back with much more hp as far as i could tell.
    Last edited by CEEREAL; 04-07-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Basic Member
    in dota1, you used to timelapse into the position that you've died if you buyback within 5 secs and use the ult immediately. but if you can wait for your regular respawning cooldown which should be more than 5 secs if you dont own a bloodstone with instant respawn charges and still can timelapse into the position that you've died, this means the game engine does not consider the time that weaver spent dead when calculating the timelapse spell properly. its not a great but important bug.