Thread: [Suggestion] Automated miss calls

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Automated miss calls

Disclaimer: I'm not one of those guys who rages because someone didn't call miss. I don't even care about it ingame myself (since I can keep my eyes on the map), but I figured this would be a good suggestion for the general populace, and even though us veterans have nothing to worry about, Dota 2 could still be a bit more newbie friendly.

The suggestion:

As you know, unlike WC3 DotA, Dota 2 has all the portraits of the heroes present in the game placed in the upper part of the UI.
    I suggest adding a function - alt-clicking one of the enemy portraits will make a short "X hero is missing" announcement. Simply said, you can call miss just by alt-clicking the particular enemy portrait.

Additional thoughts:

-Some heroes in Dota 2 have have audio queues for reporting missing heroes (as a part of bot AI). These could be used as well.
    -The function will be restricted to once per minute per individual enemy hero or so, to prevent X IS MISSING X IS MISSING X IS MISSING clogging your screen. It can appear in the left announcement text box.

There are already voice lines for miss calling, few heroes have them, such as Bane: http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Bane_r...a_Missing_Hero so we just have to wait until they implement it
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWilder View Post
    There are already voice lines for miss calling, few heroes have them, such as Bane: http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Bane_r...a_Missing_Hero so we just have to wait until they implement it
    True, but I don't know if they're made with what I mentioned in mind. I thought they were just for bots. It's a good thing they can be used for both, though, it'll save some work if the devs put in something similar.

Audio falls apart when you listen to loud music while gaming.

+1 for alt-clicking portraits.

Maybe even a hotkey for missing 1 / missing 2, automatically adding in your lane.

+1 for alt-clicking portraits