Page 122 of 340 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 3398

Thread: Official Matchmaking Feedback Thread

Basic Member
    The MMR system at very high level games is really broken in my opinion. Sure, it makes you win like 50% of your games and lose 50% but it is so one-sided. Either you get in the bad team and get stomped or it is the opposite. It was a long time since it had close games. Being matched with people who have like 20-50 wins when I have around 270 doesn't seem right. It just isn't enjoyable at this point. I can take losses if the games are fun but when you just totally stomped it is just... meh. And when you win, it is the same thing.
    Last edited by artiq; 07-31-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Basic Member
    MMR(matchmaking on role) maybe just like another mode for MM.
    some times i want free for all
    some times i ready to do something useful by "choose your role here"

and exp that u got from MMR mode will be more useful.
    after some exp in MMR your FFA mode will be improved very much.
    Last edited by russia_nekto; 07-31-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Basic Member
    Matchmaking is retarded at the moment because:
    Russians can play outside Russian servers
    Games are mostly onesided either way, which means the game is pretty much boring, noone likes stomp games. The close games are the fun ones.
    And the fact that, if matchmaking is based on MMR, you can't see your own rating.
    There is nothing I like about it.

Basic Member
    Matchmaking is shit. Stop putting people with 10 games on my team just because they queued with their 400 wins friends. One thing I miss from LoL is the level system, if you are level 30, you should be matched with people that are at least level 30. Putting a inexperienced players ruins the game for both sides.

Basic Member
    Just adding to the "low level friend problem" with some examples and thoughts here:

Example 1) Match ID 29752049.

Look at the Brewmaster (NA is the friend). He is 20/34, 37% winrate and if I recall my early games, skill level is really really low on your first games (maybe it changed, but 37% is still ridiculous), I don't see how this guy fits here, he did not know how to play at all, I can't see any reason for him to be on this game, opposing team does not seem to have a terrible player like this. Maybe MM thinks throwing me will balance (don't know, I just assume in this case I was the best player, and I do have the highest winrate) but it does not, just makes me have a bad low skilled game that I can't even say it's really Dota, it's Garena Dota really, a shadow of what Dota should be.

Example 2) Match ID 15844333

This was a friend of a friends (Dark Seer). He had 3 games and 3 losses, little Dota 1 experience. Now, what the hell is MM doing here ? The enemy team pretty much all has 250+ games, even if they are bad, none of them can be on the level of a 0/3 guy. By a miracle of randoming Lycan I almost won the game, but still, terrible terrible game.

See, this games where not exactly one-sided, but they were incredibly bad, I'm not sure what MM is trying to do here though I don't think it's working. If the idea is to put a good player to balance the bad, please don't do this, will just screw the good player and doom him to a terrible game, and if he doesn't play carry it's most likely a lost game.

Basic Member
    In the even where you have a team, it will put the team into the matchmaking pool of the highest rated person, so if you have a team consisting of a 250, 100, and 3 (wins, respectively), the 100 and the 3 will be playing in the 250's pool of players.

I've noticed slight improvement since the last patch, tho very sided games still happen about 1-2 times per 10 games.

Basic Member
    Please, consider these suggestions:

- Set All pick mode as the only enabled mode by default. All pick is the most beginners friendly mode and should be the only mode enabled by default, all the other modes disabled.
    - Add a "Wanna be captain?" checkbox for captains mode so that people who would like to be captain would have precedence over who doesn't

How exactly CM chooses the captain? ofc for 5 players matchmaking the party leader is, but for solo,2,3 how is it decided? is it just random? I would really improve how the captain is chosen.

-Being able to choose from multiple modes and server locations. For the first time in my life I am able to play with 30ms latency, it's awesome.

DISLIKES
    -It's way too simple. Besides modes and server locations, you should be able to choose what role you want to play, and what others you can play if needed. (roamer, jungler, solo ganker, heavy carry, etc)
    Also, this info should be displayed for everyone on your team, so that you know what your teammates want to play, and what they can.
    -Please, I beg, add a banlist. It's just terrible to play with a troll, lose, then find the same guy on the next game... On your team again. (it happens often at midnight to 7 a.m., when there are few people playing)

Basic Member
    Matchmaking system drives me crazy. We had a game lately.
    The number of the level/wins my team players have were: 8/66 , 7/59 , 6/40 , 7/49 i am 8/76
    The number of the level/wins rival team players have were: 13/142 , 10/91 , 22/219 , 6/60 , 11/537

They beat us very hard as you can guess from the stats. Can you tell me depending on what logic this system matchmakes?
    I can hardly count the games that i played with the players that have same experience level with me. In one game all players are more experienced then me in the next they're all newbies. Just couldn't enjoy a game.