Page 143 of 340 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 3398

Thread: Official Matchmaking Feedback Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    I have over 500 wins. Why do I have to play with 4 players below 15 wins and then let them tell me "you have over 500 wins and are still in low pool".
    I have 23 Wins more than losses...
    Dude there are tons of prior posts all over this forum where all you've done is tell people how they are where they belong, that we are getting queued with people of our exact skill level. You don't get to be questioning the match maker until you address the sudden change in attitude towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enai Siaion View Post
    Wins over losses is a valid indicator of skill. Win ratio is not. If you remain at a certain skill level and never improve, simply playing more games will cause your win ratio to gravitate towards 50% even though your wins over losses will not change.

A guy with 20-15 wins and losses is not better or worse than a guy with 2020-2015 wins and losses but his win ratio is vastly higher.
    Wins over losses is win ratio dude. The number of wins you have compared to the number of losses, that's your win ratio. And yes, yes it is different. A player with a 50% win ratio who has 500 games is FAR less experienced than a player with 3000 games and a 50% win ratio. 225 wins and osses against 1500 wins and losses. Thats a MAJOR gap in pure experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ranaki View Post

guys, i seriously don't know what rating i'm playing in.
    I only seem to lose when i have plain retards in my team. I guess i'm in the "High" bracket. maybe even "Very High" but I don't have any good or challenging games.
    I always either stomp, or my team has no clue what they are doing against an enemy team that seems to be decent.

Matchmaking is a fail.
    I don't know what rating i am playing at.
    It's hard to find people of my skill level. Most people do good 1 game, I add them, play a few games with them, just to find out that they mostly are still on the beginner level.

Could we please get a rating soon? This is annoying the hell out of me. I don't know what to do.
    80% of my games are me stomping. I don't seem to get queued with better people.

Also, I haven't posted my daily stomp yesterday, so I decided i'd play 3 games of dota in 2 days. I seriously don't enjoy this matchmaking at all. it's either way too easy, or my team is so bad that I wouldn't win even if i were 20 - 0 with Lycan or something. It would seriously help if I would know what rating I am playing in.

I've started to play HoN more again, because I enjoy the matches and the matchmaking there. it's not well balanced sometimes, but at least I know what bracket I am in and that there might be people on my team that aren't as good as me. Sometimes they are better so i can rely on them.
    The matchmaking in dota is waaaaaaaay too casual. I don't even know what for. people flame even worse in dota2 compared to HoN. I don't see valves problem in simply more or less copying HoN's matchmaking. at least for players like me the current matchmaking in dota2 is really really boring. I find myself lucky if I get a match where I don't end up stomping the other team when i try to win. yes that's true, i mostly fuck around and buy dagon on every hero, just for the lulz, it's not like there is anything to lose if i do so. I get queued with shit players that i don't even know are shit until the like 10th minute whenever i try to play good and win for like 10 - 15 matches or if i play like a retard.
    I win 80% of the games when I want to win. Solo queue.
    The other 20% are either me being queued with so shitty players that it is impossible to win even if the best player in the world were to play with them, or that the matches are actually well balanced.

TLDR:
    Add a visible MMR system, so i at least can see where the match will be headed and so people have to play good so they win in order to gain more mmr.
    It's a sort of statwhoring, I know, but that system works WAY better than the current one.
    The current system doesn't even prevent flaming NO it is even worse than in HoN.
    There is none atm. I don't know what the purpose of the skill set separation thing in the replays, but the devs already came out a long time ago and said that it has nothing to do with where you are in the match making bracket. They honestly refuse to give us ANY real information on the bracket. So just assume your getting randomly matched with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by nurso View Post
    'Watch' tab --> Recent Games --> Filter --> [your player name] and filter for skill level
    Nope. Devs said that ain't how it works. Said it quite a while ago too. One of their few concrete answers.

Banned
    again game vs stack ofc one sided stomp well played cu dota 2

Basic Member
    I have smashed my way up to 2000+ mmr on multiple accounts with 60%+ win. I have not been able to move out of normal bracket in 1000 games of dota 2.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickDeckard View Post
    I have smashed my way up to 2000+ mmr on multiple accounts with 60%+ win. I have not been able to move out of normal bracket in 1000 games of dota 2.
    maybe because dota 2 is a different game. o.O
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    MMing right now purposely tries to make players at 50% by placing them in either very bad or very good teams. Playing a lot of games will not fix this. I have over 1,500 games played and have been in the "very high" skill bracket since April. After winning what MMing deems "too much", matchmaking purposely puts me on terrible teams with people that belong in low priority until my win % is back close to 50%. I have a whiteboard in my room that I use to keep track of wins/losses and game ruiners because matchmaking is so problematic. In my last 11 games, 5 have had intentional game ruiners (ragequitters, AFK griefers, people purposely destroying items, buying multiple battlefuries on ranged heroes just to spite the team etc). 3 games were losses due simply to being outplayed, and only 4 wins.

To have people purposely trying to lose to make their teams angry in almost half of my games is ridiculous, and is a strong indicator that matchmaking as it is currently is not adequate. In fact, my whole last two days of Dota have been a similar story. I've been losing so much due to people intentionally game ruining (not just bad players, but players intentionally trying to lose) that I have been dropped from "very high" skill to "high" skill, where everybody has half as many games played as I do and are clearly less experienced and worse players. Of course, these players also intentionally game ruin too, causing me to lose more.

Matchmaking right now is a vicious cycle downwards, and all that needs to be done to fix it is make the punishment for game ruiners more severe and more permanent.

Basic Member
    I played DotA 2 with my female friend and your game piss me a lot. It grouped me up with very noob player. They feed a lot and a lot and we lost for 3 games in a row.

I have 150s wins. I know how to play the game and I want to play in high bracket but you grouped me in Normal bracket in last 5 games. This ruined my experience of DotA 2.

You should tell me first which skill level that I am on before the game start so I can adjust my hero and style to play the game.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkung View Post
    I played DotA 2 with my female friend and your game piss me a lot. It grouped me up with very noob player. They feed a lot and a lot and we lost for 3 games in a row.

I have 150s wins. I know how to play the game and I want to play in high bracket but you grouped me in Normal bracket in last 5 games. This ruined my experience of DotA 2.

You should tell me first which skill level that I am on before the game start so I can adjust my hero and style to play the game.
    you are on normal skill level.
    you can adjust now.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandBreaker View Post
    Dude there are tons of prior posts all over this forum where all you've done is tell people how they are where they belong, that we are getting queued with people of our exact skill level. You don't get to be questioning the match maker until you address the sudden change in attitude towards it.
    Stop lying. I usually get queued with people who have 300 to 500 wins. Then sometimes I get queued with people who have 1 to 3 wins at max. This definitely isn't right.
    Stop lying and argue factual.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandBreaker View Post
    Wins over losses is win ratio dude. The number of wins you have compared to the number of losses, that's your win ratio.
    What is that nonsense? No, the absolute difference is obviously not a ratio, lol. The absolute difference between 5/10 and 995/1000 is the same, the ratio is completely different (33% and 49%).

I'm writing this while having the worst game in my life probably. The match making doesn't work! It simply does not. Previous game we won easily. This game we losing with not a little chance to win. Something should be done for sure. Most of the games are one sided which is not fun
    Last edited by Gadziferoth; 08-25-2012 at 05:09 AM.

I used to like Matchmaking a lot and never understood why people are complaining so much about it. I always thought it was fair.
    However I recently hit my 160 wins and since then I just keep losing - like it's amazing. I have lost 24 out of 27 games. Got queue-ed against teams of 4,5. Lost to some "pros" that had obviously better level of skills. My games are now on average 30minutes long... the main difference I have noticed since 160 wins is that all matches are now one sided.

I am not enjoying dota2 as much... since i keep losing it kinda sucks...before I knew why I was losing. But now its either I lose because 1) against a team of 4,5 2) my team is full of 70wins against 300+ wins 3) level of skills are so different now. Its not as it used to be which makes me very sad