Page 144 of 340 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 3398

Thread: Official Matchmaking Feedback Thread

Basic Member
    BTW, my last 'normal' match was approximately a month ago (around Undying/TA patch, if i remember correctly)

Banned
    -NOTHING

DISLIKES:

-FILLED WITH BRAZILIANS AND RUSSIANS EVEN IF I DON'T CHOOSE THEIR SERVERS;
    -FILLED WITH PREMADES THAT STOMP EVERY SINGLE GAME, UNFAIR;
    -50% WIN/LOOSE RATIO MAKE ME LOOSE ON PROPOSE MATCHING ME WITH PEOPLE WITH 3 WINS FOR EXAMPLE, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS;
    -NEVER SAW A SO F*CKED UP MM SINCE DOTA;

LEAVING UNTIL FIXED.

-Nothing

Dislikes... They are TOO MANY. Puting noobs and retards in the one team and in the other
    put good players with more wins than your team.

A great example? ? this fucking game 35641456
    I really really wanna leave the game coz it's useless matchmake.

delivering my daily stomp. as promised
    this time i bring you the 16 - 3 morphling with ethernal blade, treads and ring after 18 minutes.
    A full 564 gpm.

I might stomp a bit more today because it's saturday and i've got a hangover. even in this state the matchmaking is way too easy and horribly balanced.
    I would, as I suggested a lot of times earlier add a rating system. cause i have no clue which rating i'm playing in. everyone around me seems horrible.

the SK in this game was ok though

next stomp,

This is an interesting match.
    I knew my team was going to be bad by the pre-picks they showed. so i incised that i'd go mid with bloodseeker. I guess i was lucky this game that I without any rating could see that my team was bad.
    But i didn't think they would be that bad so we almost did lose the game even though i had over 20 kills with blood seeker.

510 GPM 26 - 7 Blood Seeker.
    I died like 3 - 4 times in an desperate attempt to finish the game because it well, was plain boring. our lifestealer for example was trolling and didn't want to finish when we had the perfect opportunity for it. The game was only annoying and made me think "why am I doing this?" I came to the conclusion that since I'm technically a beta tester, I will keep delivering the daily stomps to show that the current matchmaking is a horrible expierience for each solo queuing good player.

If I'd know how horrible my team would be at the start of the game i would've finished the match way earlier.
    But since there isn't any rating, I was stuck with them for unnecessary additional 20 minutes longer than the game would've needed.

It makes me question a lot how the rating system works in dota2. or, if there even is a rating system. i'm starting to lose faith in valve.
    I have almost a full bar on every hero performance, yet i get queued with retards that are SUPPOSED to be in my skill level. that is plain bullshit.
    I wouldn't mind if i at least could see their rating because i respect that no ranking system is perfect. But not knowing ANYTHING about my teammates in dota2 is bullshit.

I'll maybe stomp another match later.
    going to play with some friends now, i've gotta give them that, that when i queue with at least 3 other friends it seems a bit better balanced.

/edit:
    Every one of my "Daily Stomps" I post on here are solo queue matches and try to win. Sometimes i just screw around, but i've been trying to win as much as possible lately, which was increasing my win% in dota from 50 to soon 52% and raising.
    I queue on both EU and USE in all game modes.
    People on USE have far better teamwork, but most of them i get queued with are still shit
    i've noticed that my matches are usually in the "normal" or sometimes "high" bracket. which is just wtf why? it's far too easy for me.
    when i queue with friends i always end up at at least high or very high. which might be why those matches seem a bit more balanced.
    Last edited by ranaki; 08-25-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Basic Member
    a 50 minute game with 10 kills difference is not a "stomp".
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Well I don't really know how and why I am constantly placed with players like powernet, ecal|nova, eternalenvy, and so on. I've been losing about 70% of my games in the past two months and I'm still in this bracket? I don't really get it. I really don't feel like i belong in this "upper bracket" at all.

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    the game could've lasted for 20 maximum 30 minutes if this lifestealer wouldn't troll as much as he could.
    i reported him since he also was spamming the microphone like a real asshole.

I had about 20 kills at the 30th minute so yeah. it was a stomp.
    Also, if I'd have a rating over how horrible my team was and the enemy team, who turned out to be ok in the end compared to my team, I would've finished it way earlier since as I said; the game was boring.

Anyway, here is what I think about the matchmaking:

- Pretty ok balanced in 5 vs 5 matches or 4 + 1 vs 4 + 1
    - Solo matchmaking is fun if you define fun by being superior to everyone in the same game as you
    - You can play however you want and as shitty as you want and still get stuff (this is also a dislike though)
    - It's good for new players

(it's honestly hard to think of more likes)

Dislikes:
    Oh god, where should I begin?
    Ok, I'll start here:

In every game that was good i've played, there was something called a rating.
    This rating, exists here as well, but it's invisible. So, it doesn't matter if it is there or not, the way my games are I could as well be queued with random people.

- The matchmaking is horrible for every good player. Since I don't know if the people on my team are better, worse or the same skill level as me. I mean, this is a pretty important fact in Dota, knowing something about your teammates. They SHOULD be in the same skill level as me, but i only find them to be in the bracket as me about 1/10th of my games.
    - Compared to HoN's matchmaking, this matchmaking might be fun and casual for new players, but it's horrible for the most people.
    - There is nothing to win. I mean, what do I get? A shitty cosmetic item, which I also can get if I feed as much as possible. This does nothing but providing people the opportunity to play as bots in order to get this crap. I also get some of the invisible rating, but what am I going to do with that? It's not like anybody will ever know if i'm good or not.
    - I don't know what valve thought, but not having a rating and having this shitty balance system isn't fun. especially since I cannot concede if my team is horrible. Which means I am STUCK with them. When I really want to win, I either stomp them and end up with a score of 20 - 4 or my team is so horribly bad that I wouldn't even be able to win if I had 30 - 0.
    - Fixing the balance won't fix anything as long as the players don't see what it is balanced around. In HoN I was determined to increase my MMR in order to get into a higher bracket. Here, I have no clue if winning or having a positive score is doing anything to my rating.
    - Again, my teammates could be anything. I have no clue whenever someone on my team is a beginner or the best dota player ever.

So, how is this fixed the most easy way which favors everyone?
    - ADD AN ALTERNATIVE MATCHMAKING!
    - Rename the current matchmaking into "No Stats" or "Invisible Rating", imo no stats would suit better, since every game I play in dota2 currently feels as if i'd play No Stats in HoN, just with a bit less leavers. It's "fun" if you want to play like a retard which can be amusing sometimes, but otherwise, it's useless.
    - The new matchmaking should be called "Ranked Matches" and imo, it should be an exact copy of HoN's matchmaking.

I'd rather play with elitists who play good and want to win as much as I do, than playing with some casual player that doesn't know or care what he is doing.
    It's pretty obvious for most people that pubs in HoN play 10 times better than in dota2. This is only because of a rating. The rating makes people want to become better so they increase it.
    And for people who don't like that, the current matchmaking should still be available.
    they also should have different ratings, means that if you play good in the current matchmaking it wouldn't have any effect on your real score.

Anyway,
    I might deliver another stomp later today.
    Last edited by ranaki; 08-26-2012 at 04:46 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    You missed his point.

Basic Member
    I can't find information in this thread about how matchmaking works exactly.I'm new to dota when i started i used to have a lot of leavers so i guess i was in beginners bracket or something now i seem to play a level higher or something but still players are not good enough i have only about 60-70 games and i still feel like i'm way under my skill level when and how does it get better cause i can't imagine solo queue for 400 more game if the skill level doesn't improve more are there like low-mid skilled leagues or something where ppl at least try to play good ?