Page 145 of 340 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 3398

Thread: Official Matchmaking Feedback Thread

12 losses in a row.

From people that go on my lane after I called solo to people that seriously take 20 seconds to realize I recalled them, every kind of bad player I've seen in my recent games. Not to mention the guys that hardcore flame me for not using blackhole when it's on cd lol. What's going on?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.ioes View Post
    12 losses in a row.

From people that go on my lane after I called solo to people that seriously take 20 seconds to realize I recalled them, every kind of bad player I've seen in my recent games. Not to mention the guys that hardcore flame me for not using blackhole when it's on cd lol. What's going on?
    pfff reported enjoy lpq

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dangler View Post
    I can't find information in this thread about how matchmaking works exactly.
    you are correct.
    i tried to add a comprehensive list of dev-quotes to the op.
    might be worth your while reading them.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetPeople View Post
    pfff reported enjoy lpq

"don't port me ever again", "reported kotl".... this spell actually should be renamed to lpq activator. Like the venge that went to fountain yesterday with full hp + mana whilst having an idle courier. She reported me for calling her into the clash. (edit: she left the clash asap to go to fountain). People sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    you are correct.
    well now we have some idea. but I has questions...
    What makes a "high quality" match? do you add the percentile points for each team member and swap players untill both teams are even, or something more complex? what about if someone who reported someone else, are they ever matched again?
    does it take into consideration; players players who only play one or two heros? type of hero a player likes to play(support, pusher, carry, random...)? people who are part of the same clan? they tend to know each others style, pick complementary heros, and work better together than straight up strangers.

does the commend/report system affect ones percentile?
    Last edited by DragonLost; 08-26-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLost View Post
    What makes a "high quality" match?
    a perfect match in a perfect world is where everybody has the same (correctly measured skill).
    a "high quality" match tries to get as close as possible to that result.

do you add the percentile points for each team member and swap players untill both teams are even, or something more complex?
    i believe the matchmaking tries different sets of 10 players til it is satisfied with the established teams and skill difference. you can check erictams post history for more details, but since it is wip there might not be many.

what about if someone who reported someone else, are they ever matched again?
    yes, there are threads about it.

does it take into consideration; players players who only play one or two heros? type of hero a player likes to play(support, pusher, carry, random...)?
    no. at least not yet

people who are part of the same clan? they tend to know each others style, pick complementary heros, and work better together than straight up strangers.
    no. let me get back to you on this.

does the commend/report system affect ones percentile?
    no.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Basic Member
    @blash365
    'answers' for a good MM

1. let the player decide (search time vs. fairness)
    2. no (never matched together with a reported player)
    3. yes
    4. yes
    5. yes

Basic Member
    you are correct.
    Thank you for doing that blash.I would like to give my feedback now after i have read how mm works.
    I like that matchmaking is pretty fast (time to find game)
    I like that i can search for games on more than 1 mode or server
    DISLIKES:
    The only thing i dislike in the current mm system is the mixture of players that have greater experience with average players or newcomers
    Suggestion:
    From what i've read i think you should add to search tab an option to look for lets say beginners game( or casual call it w/e you like) then lets say normal or advanced and then higher bracket (again call it w/e you like).
    How can the players benefit form that ?
    In my opinion higher bracket option will be picked by most players(everyone will want to play with pro players thinking he's probably good enough which is the only flaw)this will lead to some mixture of mid skilled with pro players again but in the long term those mid skilled players will either improve or just get tired of losing and getting flamed( we know our lovely commnity in dota)and the top tier bracket should become decent.Another option is to open it as an achievement after reaching X games.
    About mid and beginner tier i think will atract people that like to play casual games for fun and also the newcomers( my 1 st coupld of games i really wished i could play with ppl as unskilled as me especially untill you learn which hero is who and spell animations).Having this option available should reduce unhappy people that want to play "tryhard dota" and unhappy people that just want to have a beer and play a game or 2 in a week.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nurso View Post
    @blash365
    'answers' for a good MM

1. let the player decide (search time vs. fairness)
    2. no (never matched together with a reported player)
    3. yes
    4. yes
    5. yes
    the player can already decide that. he sees the search range and can accept or decline the found match.
    he can also restart the search repeatetely if he doesnt like how wide the search range has become.
    ofc that might be gui supported. but try it out manually for now and report how it turns out.

there is a thread about 2.

it's also nice that you would like to have 3. and 4.. i would like to have those features too. the problem is though that you need a system to achieve that.
    if you got any idea about a system that works with the details quoted in the op and could provide those features then feel free to suggest them (in a dedicated thread if there isnt one on the forum already).

5. is answered with "no." because there is a better system in place to cover for that part already.

Basic Member
    the player can already decide that. he sees the search range and can accept or decline the found match.
    Not very user-friendly.

if you got any idea about a system that works with the details quoted in the op and could provide those features then feel free to suggest them (in a dedicated thread if there isnt one on the forum already).
    If i get paid i'll think about it