Page 146 of 340 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3398

Thread: Official Matchmaking Feedback Thread

Basic Member
    the a beta is probably not your cup of tea.
    thanks for your contribution.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    I'm a consumer (of this game) and if Valve want my money, they should produce a appealing and user-friendly game. I'm willing to test for bugs&crashes in the beta, but i'm not a game-designer --> for now, i dont play Dota (~1 month; because of MM) and ofc i dont spend money in the shop.

MM seems to be in need of a tweak again. I'm winning one match for every six games played. Is this intended?

Basic Member
    In response to a significant amount of feedback to date on MM, is it possible to get an update from Eric or someone else from the team which covers:
    - What their thoughts are with regards to the state of MM at the moment
    - What their focus is in terms of improving MM
    - Timing on when we can expect to see some MM patches

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dangler View Post
    Thank you for doing that blash.I would like to give my feedback now after i have read how mm works.
    I like that matchmaking is pretty fast (time to find game)
    I like that i can search for games on more than 1 mode or server
    DISLIKES:
    The only thing i dislike in the current mm system is the mixture of players that have greater experience with average players or newcomers
    Suggestion:
    From what i've read i think you should add to search tab an option to look for lets say beginners game( or casual call it w/e you like) then lets say normal or advanced and then higher bracket (again call it w/e you like).
    How can the players benefit form that ?
    In my opinion higher bracket option will be picked by most players(everyone will want to play with pro players thinking he's probably good enough which is the only flaw)this will lead to some mixture of mid skilled with pro players again but in the long term those mid skilled players will either improve or just get tired of losing and getting flamed( we know our lovely commnity in dota)and the top tier bracket should become decent.Another option is to open it as an achievement after reaching X games.
    About mid and beginner tier i think will atract people that like to play casual games for fun and also the newcomers( my 1 st coupld of games i really wished i could play with ppl as unskilled as me especially untill you learn which hero is who and spell animations).Having this option available should reduce unhappy people that want to play "tryhard dota" and unhappy people that just want to have a beer and play a game or 2 in a week.
    Better idea about this add 1 more tab where you can choose casual or advanced then you can just separate the advanced in different tiers based on pefrormance be it win rate or elo points

Basic Member
    Is it just me or MM hates parties in a special way? Every time I play with 1-2 friends, our games are like win-loss-win-loss-win-loss. We get matched with noobs and wreck them, the next game we get wrecked because our team screws up and plays horribly in general.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Gizka View Post
    MM seems to be in need of a tweak again. I'm winning one match for every six games played. Is this intended?
    definitely i dont blame MM when im in low priority but when im not this statement listed above keeps happening(also i have like a 39% W/L ratio because of this, i started with a 55% but this stuff kept happening so it dropped)

btw this doesnt seem to happen with my friends

Basic Member
    Every game these days is decided by which team has the most number of feeders and which team can capitalise on it the quickest...hardly any games are close and majority are 1-sided.

Basic Member
    ***I Like***
    Fast matchmaking

***I absolutely hate**
    Unfair matchmaking where I get matched up with absolute idiots who feed and I keep loosing... I have over 300 games played, and I cannot get 1:1 W/L ratio because of these feeders...

Basic Member
    MM needs a better algorithm. True, i haven't played much games, but from these games i can say that they were 85% one sided and 15% balanced. It's is funny that i get thrown into matches against people who have like 300 wins while my team has like only 10. Maybe the W/L Ratio was ~50% for every player, but 600 games players vs 20 games players is a little unfair, even if the have DotA 1 experience which is not true for everyone.