Page 155 of 340 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 3398

Thread: Official Matchmaking Feedback Thread

Dislikes
    -People from outside regions polluting games (Just the fact that we speak different languages causes problems, not to mention that you almost inevitably get a group of them [2-3] that simply troll you if you get pissed off at them fucking your game up
    -The MM algorithm pairing duos with 3 low elos to try and 'balance' things. No matter how you put it, 2 good players + 3 bad players are not going to beat 5 players of decent ability
    -The MM algorithm placing players with -100 games in games full of +600s
    -No visible ELO ladder (I'd like to see HOW and WHY you're putting me in games with these people)
    -The things that are a part of deciding your ranking (Normal, High, Very High) in which you play the majority of your games are hidden to the public. I think I'd like to know what you are judging me by.
    Last edited by blairferrell; 09-03-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Basic Member
    I don't think matchmaking is entirely to blame for one-sided steamrolls. Steamrolls happen even in competitive play; the game simply snowballs extremely heavily so if there is one guy with an unfamiliar hero or in an unfamiliar role it's gg. Also, in modes where people don't particularly care about picks and just play their favourite heroes they will randomly get counterpicked or counterpick themselves leading to a huge disadvantage.

Remember when Morello wanted to reduce snowballing in LoL (and implemented things like kill bounty rubberbanding) and everyone complained he was making the game too noob friendly? It wasn't about catering to noobs, it was about this.

Snowballing is a good thing at top level because top players are all almost perfect so the outcome should be affected heavily by any minor mistake they make, otherwise nothing would ever happen (cfr League of Legends, Formula 1). But at lower levels it makes a game unforgiving and emphasises not making the first mistake over making fewer mistakes overall. If you are good and make few mistakes you can influence the game much more easily in the latter case, whereas in the former case if you don't make the first mistake there's a 4 in 9 chance your teammates will do it for you.

So how to fix it?

You can't fix it. That's the way the game is. So mitigate it by:

- Adding a "casual" queue and a "competitive" queue. Players who want to try out new heroes can do so in casual queue so they don't play unexpectedly poorly in competitive games.
    - Adding personal rank (elo, mmr). It already exists but it is not shown, which defies belief for a game that is supposed to be the most competitive moba around. Right now there is absolutely no incentive to actually win games because all it does is make you more likely to lose the next game.
    - Promoting 5 man teams. This eliminates matchmaking variances within a team altogether.
    - Adding language based matchmaking. It doesn't matter that some people don't speak English as long as they only play with people who speak the same language.
    - Implementing scoring based on individual skill. As if this is ever possible, but at least they could give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by gattsu View Post
    presonally for me, i dislike people who dont try to cooperate with a positive attitude and giving useful feedback in a mannered way.
    You are queuing up for a 50 minute game with no concede function and a teammate loses the game for you in the first 10 minutes. And people get mad? Shocker.
    Last edited by Enai Siaion; 09-04-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enai Siaion View Post
    So how to fix it? You can't fix it. That's the way the game is.
    There are many ways to 'fix' MM. How? Don't ask me, i'm not getting paid for providing solutions to Valve...

You are queuing up for a 50 minute game with no concede function and a teammate loses the game for you in the first 10 minutes. And people get mad? Shocker.
    I understand people getting mad, i know exactly how you feel if that happens, and thats why i wrote "personally for me = imo". You and others get mad, i will try to convince him to swap lane, go gank with me or whatever other option arises. If he goes all defensive emo butthurt, well, mute and report. But judging from the feedback i get in here im the only one with this attitude. And btw, if someone loses the game in the first 10 min the game most probably wont last 50min...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vzilberm View Post
    Basically buy tp's help out any team fight that you see so that it's a win, and choose a hard carry that you're good with so that you're confident you can win, even without other people's help.

Then slowly get out of low skill level queue and get into higher ones where this problem doesn't happen anymore.

Personally I wish that it wasn't only All pick which would give you players around your number of wins/skill level. Queuing in any mode but that one always seems to put you with people with only about 100 wins
    According to the filter in the watch tab, I'm in the High queue.

And about the carry thing, I think it's kinda usless to pick a carry even if you can play it well when you already have 3 carrys picked in the first 5 sec.

Oh and nowdays they are Naga, Morphling and AM thanks to the International.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zizy View Post
    According to the filter in the watch tab, I'm in the High queue.
    Filter in 'watch tab' don't show your skill level anymore - now it's merely a random label.
    Last edited by nurso; 09-04-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Basic Member

Make a noob queue!

When a player selects "noob queue" he expects to play a really casual, flame free game. Where the score is not needed, where u can go afk for 10-15mins, where u can try out new heroes, just a place without stress and "OMFG GET BACK TO LOL RETARD U MOTHERFUCKING PIECE OF SHIT RUSSIAN FUCK BLAH BLAH"....

Since TI 2012 a lot of people will want to play this game and I think it would be far better for new players to play a "noob game" than to get flamed hard - which they definetly will...

Back in the day of pirated battle-net servers, like pvpgn and stuff ... There were always "dota.fi 6.18b NOOBS ONLY" games - where u would get banned for beyond godlike streaks =)

Basic Member
    Won 9 games straight. Now lost 10 game straight.

... This matchmaking sigh. Incredibly frustrating.
    Last edited by havoc2; 09-05-2012 at 05:51 AM.

Basic Member
    It helps the communication between players a lot

DISLIKES:
    -No solo matchmaking and balancing algorithm
    MATCH ID:38113106
    This game was clearly unbalanced. There was 2 double queues in Radiant team with much higher win rates.
    When playing solo queue we should play only with people playing solo. DotA is a team game and team queues will always make huge differences no matter the win rates.
    The range of the ELO is too much, sometimes players with 250 wins have to play with players with 20 wins

-Ranked matchmaking
    HoWSX.png
    Ranked and unranked matchmaking.
    Unranked matches could be a great place for beginners and to try a lot of builds, so ranked matches would have more serious players and hopefully more balanced maches.
    Last edited by H8lix; 09-05-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H8lix View Post

-Ranked matchmaking
    HoWSX.png
    Ranked and unranked matchmaking.
    Unranked matches could be a great place for beginners and to try a lot of builds, so ranked matches would have more serious players and hopefully more balanced maches.
    I just wanted to say that i really dislike the visible rankings because all it creates is people going for stats (more kills more creeps more points)and really stats is not a proper way to determine someone's skill.For example you play with 3-4 friends pubstomping for 10 games and this gives you 10 wins with average 10+ kills but this doesn't makes you any better than you already are i even think it s the opposite.I love that there is no visible ranking with the only thing i dislike is the low-skilled players in games with average to good players.I can't find anywhere in the forum how valve determines players' skill but it shouldn't be too hard to separate players based on things like xp/min,kills+assits/deaths,win ratio,the hidden elo points or w/e it is just don't put the worse players together with the better ones for the sakes of everyone.