Page 245 of 340 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 255 295 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 3398

Thread: Official Matchmaking Feedback Thread

  1. #2441
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcosMcc View Post
    Check box:

    [ ] I want to be better matched against my opponents. I don't mind waiting a long time.

    Then you check that box and wait 15 minutes for a decent game.
    I would definitely use that.

  2. #2442
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by c4c View Post
    MM will always suck for solo queue unless its prime hour. It is unplayable during mornings or late night due to the fact that its mostly south american players on USEAST.
    For Europe it's opposite.
    At late night all inadequate schoolboys are sleeping

  3. #2443
    Quote Originally Posted by dzcc View Post
    I would definitely use that.
    me too!

  4. #2444
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    219
    Sorry Blash I forget with you moderating it's impossible to criticize our lords over at Valve HQ. Your argument is that instead of fixing a clearly broken MM system of which 99% of this huge thread have agreed upon for months with absolutely no improvement at any stage I should go play on the American servers with a ping of 200 K.

  5. #2445
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    10
    The MMR also did frustrate me a few times during the last couple of days agoes. My friend and I passed from a Win rate of 61% to 52% as we are speaking right now. We were always playing in Very High and since we lost so many games in a sort amount of time, we dropped to high game style. We though about it and tried to figure out How the hell could we pass from our 61% win Rate to this ... 51% win rate in a few days. We had many lose streak and we also had really bad team. My first reaction was to rage about this MMR and we didn't play together for a few days. Strangly, both of us started to raise back our Win rate slowly winning more games than losing. From that point, we started to play together again and for some unkown reason, we were still lossing most of our games while playing together. Here come the Rage again and I went to this website to spare my though of this ... MMR, but from reading post, someone pointed something that caugh my attention.

    THE COMMON POINT OF ALL YOUR LOSSES IS YOU.

    From there on, I went to see back all my games with my friend and I realized that when we play together, we aren't playing the role we normaly play when we play individually. My friend always play the carry while I always play the support, but when we play together, we tend to play different role like him Initiator/Support and I Semi-carry/initiator. We tend to belive our Teamate can play our Role better than us, but this isn't the case.

    If you think you can play carry and stomp all your games and reach Very High by doing this, You are wrong and lets me prove it. I passed from Normal to Very high by playing Support. If you say support can be frustrating in low MMR, Learn to roam and gank and protect your carry. What is the difference between and good and Awnsome Support. The awnsome one will gank, will ward, will support, will not die in teamfight, will have great possitionning, etc.

    I HAVE WON WAY MORE GAME PLAYING SUPPORT AND TPING EVERYWHERE ON THE MAP TO PROTECT TEAMATES AND GANK THAN I HAVE WON GAME TRYING TO CARRY IT ALONE.
    Look at these 2 pictures:


    When I play something else than support, I tend to lose while when I play support, I win way more than I lose. So, my point is easy. PICK THE ROLE YOU WANT TO PLAY AND MASTER IT. IF YOU ARE GOOD AT YOUR ROLE, YOU WILL WIN GAME AND DON'T BLAME OTHERS. I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MANY GAMES I HAVE WON WHERE WE SHOULD HAD LOST SIMPLY BECAUSE I FOUGH THE WHOLE GAME TRYING TO SAVE IT AS A SUPPORT.

    My last point: Remember this, the main common point to all your loses is always you, maybe it isn't your fault, maybe it is, but you surely could had done something better that may have changed the fate of the game that you lose. A good way to know it, Watch your Replay and think about what you could have done better to win this game. Eventually, you will be able to take quick decission that will change the fact of a game where a Lose become a Win

  6. #2446
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    219
    Nemesis let me tell you now I generally play support and I've played support in Very High for a long long time, played with pros consistently etc and my main gripe with the mm system is its inconsistency. Some games I have are great, teams are fair and win or lose the game felt as even as its ever going to feel without pre mades. However, those sorts of games only maybe happen 35-40% of the time even in Very High where supposedly everybody should be Very Highly Skilled including the carry I'm now supporting. A decent working MM system I would say should provide that sort of game maybe 75% of the time and that just isn't the case, the MM can't account for bad games but when I see team compositions of people from Very High, High etc all in one game against very high pre mades it frankly sucks. I don't want excuses of the player pool becoming larger, I play in Europe there should be pretty much always 10 very good people looking for a game at any point and as others have said I would rather wait longer for a better match.

    TLDR: You can play your absolute best as support or carry but often the MM system will simply **** you over with clearly much much worse team mates against a much better team.

  7. #2447
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    just queue on a more populated server during that period of time.
    it's not exactly rocket science to figure that one out...
    I'd prefer to play with as low ping as possible, unlike some of my teammates who ping over 150 from different countries.

  8. #2448
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    10
    Well, nothing is perfect, but i get 70-80% of the time good match up.
    But, this is way better than it was in Wc3... I have stomped so many games in Wc3... I even manged to stomp games as support here which isn't the case in dota 2.
    Sadly, some people get carried to very high and for some unkown reason, they keep getting team that always carry them and lets them stay in this MMR and when they pick important role, they just cost the game...
    A perfect MMR can only exist if people do 1 vs 1.

    5 vs 5 can resume most of the time to this. 1-2 Really good Player, 1-3 good player 1-2 really bad player...
    What is hard to understand is How so many really bad player managed to reach The raiting of really good players.
    You can also take into consideration that we all have bad games.

  9. #2449
    Basic Member Raging's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    212
    I think the reason for weak players in very high is that one can go to very high in 5-10 games even, while the MM System needs time/games to pinpoint your exact skill. Maybe if new players could play only with new players for 50 games, the MMR would be correct. Of course you won't be able to play with your friends for your first 50 games, but then - this is the thing creating the problem.

  10. #2450
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis3xxx View Post
    Well, nothing is perfect, but i get 70-80% of the time good match up.
    But, this is way better than it was in Wc3... I have stomped so many games in Wc3... I even manged to stomp games as support here which isn't the case in dota 2.
    Sadly, some people get carried to very high and for some unkown reason, they keep getting team that always carry them and lets them stay in this MMR and when they pick important role, they just cost the game...
    A perfect MMR can only exist if people do 1 vs 1.

    5 vs 5 can resume most of the time to this. 1-2 Really good Player, 1-3 good player 1-2 really bad player...
    What is hard to understand is How so many really bad player managed to reach The raiting of really good players.
    You can also take into consideration that we all have bad games.
    Unknow reason? It was proven even in LoL that bad 1400 elo player can get carried to 2k Elo easily and this only in duo queue, so imagine how much easier it can get when you get 4 man stack in this fake solo q.


    Example: Your friend true Elo may cap at 1200 but when he play with your stack you can carry him to 2k Elo. However when he decides to go solo he may ruin games as he wont have as good cooperation with random playes as he may have with his stack. Once real solo q comes out this bs will end, hopefuly with visible ranking system and 5vs5 queue.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •