Page 247 of 340 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 245 246 247 248 249 257 297 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 3398

Thread: Official Matchmaking Feedback Thread

Basic Member
    your matchmaking is fucking awful, less items and fix ur fucking matchmaking, its unplayable

Basic Member
    If you want a easy fix, Just cancel queue everytime it goes farther than 1and a half minute

I thought I'd switch to US East and have a game and honestly it was one of the best pub games I've played, my team actually communicated! No idea if it was a total fluke and I just got good team mates, or maybe Americans just like to talk
    The question isn't why do I kill. The question is, why I don't kill everybody.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrH View Post
    I thought I'd switch to US East and have a game and honestly it was one of the best pub games I've played, my team actually communicated! No idea if it was a total fluke and I just got good team mates, or maybe Americans just like to talk
    Thats all true!! from my own experience on use/eu/rus only use is playable/enjoyable.... and if you guys think use is rly bad try few games in a row on rus/eu server

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4 russians in my game, every single one feeding 0 5+.
    This is fucking eu server, not rus.

Fuck this, I'm not buying any more items in the shop until we got rid of russian plague.
    Last edited by mr.ioes; 11-08-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Basic Member
    Can someone please explain this match?

https://dotabuff.com/matches/59043942

Take a quick look at the matches/wins of each.

This doesn't make sense at all, except for the guy on my team having 61% winrate, so he had to lose (but hey, Valve doesn't enforce 50%, dev said that!)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CNLL View Post
    your matchmaking is fucking awful, less items and fix ur fucking matchmaking, its unplayable
    Unplayable is too nice, it's garbage and complete trash

Basic Member
    I have a very long history with dota 1 inhouses, but never played competitively for a longer period of time.

I played 875 games in dota 2 so far and am going to provide you a review of the last 12 months.

In the first 300 games I mostly added alone, starting in the normal bracket. I did not care about my rating (w/l k/d) since i wanted to learn the game from scratch on my own again, trying stuff out, having fun, playing when i came drunk from a party f.e., just as i did long ago in dota1. I hoped that the MatchMakingSystem would at some point rate the skill level correctly.

Unfortunately, it did not work as well as i expected. After the initial maybe 400 games i was frustrated with my process (still being in the normal pool) and started stacking more with competent people I knew from the past and avoided playing in bad mindstates. Over the course of the next months Matchmaking put me reliably in the high pool when solo queing, where i felt more comfortable, actually getting better mates in most of the games. The game experience improved. After about 700 games i found myself in the Very High bracket when solo queing. 80% of the games were actually decent, sometimes bad, but it can't work out every game. At the current point I am meeting a lot of players i played with in the past in Dota1, some as a matter of fact are stronger than myself, which is actually the point where i wanted to be. Challenging games. There are still some kiddies fighting over mid lane and stuff, but that is the exception.

For me, the Matchmaking system overall worked. It took 10 months to get here after a "disaster" start though, which I consider too long. I don't say that i should have been put here right away, since i would probably fail.

What i criticize is the time and effort it actually took me to get out of the rating sinkhole. The game should more often put one into games of higher rating, IF you play a wide range of heroes and consistently do well. It should NOT require you to stack with people from the very high pool.

I would like to add that i almost never face unpleasent russians for some reason.
    https://dotabuff.com/players/303974
    Last edited by Onion; 11-08-2012 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    matchmaking already has improved to a certain extent.
    at one point before the international 2 mm development appears to have been suspended for another project.
    that doesnt necessarily mean that the current matchmaking is bad. it is still superior to most of the third party matchmaking you recalled.
    as already said those plattforms had a smaller but skillwise more compact playerbase. they also had longer searchtimes and a visible rating making captaining a team easier.
    a system like dotalicious also had huge skill variations so it was pretty random where you played when you were midskilled. that randomness made it more bearable since you sometimes carried a game by far, sometimes you were the measely support.

not sure what invite waves you are talking about. the most recent one was most likely to account for the incoming diretide mode and the lesser demand of mm games as a result of it.
    since the player base is devided due to diretide, no improvement can be expected of that (until diretide is over).
    Sorry you have no evidence to your claims other than "its better trust me". The matchmaking is terrible. Queue on USeast during any time beyond 4pm-9pm and you will be matched with more players outside of the US region other than regional players per game. It is ridiculous that a game on useast will be made up with more players from outside the actual region.

Basic Member
    Just played a CM game and the captain was a guy from peru. He is afk and game is ruined. Great matchmaking on useast!