Page 255 of 340 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 3398

Thread: Official Matchmaking Feedback Thread

Banned
    http://i.imgur.com/xadvh.jpg
    What the fuck, Valve? What the fuck?
    Every game is the same. How it's supposed to be playable?
    Previous game? Fucking the same. 47-48% wins guys. WTF?
    Also for a clarification how it was: http://www.twitch.tv/iraunchy/b/339332583
    Last edited by Raunchy; 11-11-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Basic Member
    This is actually getting out of hand, every game I play I see 5 clan tags against me, when I ask my team how many of them are together it is either 2 or none.

Does Valve even care? This is quite literally making me not want to play Dota2.

Basic Member
    yup, very next game, 5 man stack I end up with 4 people who don't know each other and proceed to pick 4 carries against a well constructed hero selection. fuck this shit.

Almost 1000 games played with 1 abandon, now I am quitting multiple games in a row because of this retarded system.

Banned
    Lose streak granted. 6 in a row. Even i had 12wins solo guy in my team while others have ~300-500. Well balanced mm system. Keep up good work

edit: 7 in a row
    Last edited by Cradle; 11-11-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Basic Member
    Do Valve really care about these feedbacks? I think they opened this thread so people complain and rage here, they don't give a hell, so people get even more nervous. Then, they watch these people and produce even more cosmetics so people can get EVEN more nervous. They don't do anything about matchmaking because they enjoy watching these people rage. This is the only explanation. I don't see any reason except this. They enjoy watching people raging. If this matchmaking won't change in 1-2 weeks, I will stop playing. I want to enjoy if I play a game but I can't enjoy with this unfair matchmaking system. Lose streak hit 7 games. This system was bad before, but it is even worse now. It is at its limit. It can't be worse than this. 0 even matches for my last 15 or 20 solo games, every game guaranteed feeder in my team, at least 2 people who doesn't speak English... This is ENOUGH!

Basic Member
    God, this is really bad. I feel like this matchmaking is just something that don't work AT ALL. Please, bring us the WC3 mode, I don't care about waiting 20mins to get a game. I want to play good games, I'm very tired of this matchmaking system. I get 10 losses in a row now, I'm so freakin nervous. I fuckin report a brazilian yesterday and I got matchmaked with him today again! FUCK! Whats wrong with Valve's coders? You want me to teach them how to code somethin?

Banned
    Let us all e-mail Icefrog to change the metagame of Dota.

With more beta keys and the eventual full release of Dota 2, there will be TOO MANY NOOBS for any type of matchmaking to be effective. It *COULD* be the case that Valve is indeed trying hard to make the matchmaking system better. However, at peak hours there are as many as 140 thousand players online. How do you expect so many people to be good at Dota? Impossible.

Dota is not like call or duty or counter strike or team fortress. Dota 2 requires GREAT TEAM WORK and tonnes of KNOWLEDGE of all the 100+ items and 100+ heroes. I don't expect 140 thousand people to have that knowledge. In fact I have to admit that I am also a noob. I only play right click heroes eg. antimage, ursa, huskar, faceless void etc. I farm all game and only fight solo.

The current Dota metagame is optimised for COMPETITIVE PLAY, to the extent that pub play is no longer enjoyable. The reason why people hate the current metagame is because they feel that they make no impact on the outcome of the game. In a team-work heavy game this is to be expected. No matter how good a player is, if the rest of the team feeds hard there is no way he can win, with the current metagame.

Therefore let's all petition to Icefrog to change the metagame. Instead of a HEAVY GANK HEAVY PUSH metagame, let's change it BACK to a heavy-farm metagame. In a heavy farm metagame, carries are the GOD. They and they alone decide the outcome of the game. Therefore, there is a much greater chance that a good player will be able to carry a team of noobs to victory. Also, due to less emphasis on ganks and push, good teamwork pays less. Therefore noob feeders will not ruin the game so badly.

My suggestions are as follows:

1. Increase tower damage by 3 times to discourage early game diving.
    2. Increase tower hp by 3 times. Give all buildings 10hp per second hp regeneration to prevent early pushing.
    3. Re-introduce the good old AEGIS of the immortal as a PURCHASABLE ITEM. This greatly buffs carries.
    4. REDUCE hero kill bounty, first blood bounty, hero kill AOE bounty, hero kill assist bounty. This will greatly discourage ganking therefore ensuring that noobs feeders do not RUIN games. You see, by encouraging and rewarding ganks, players are PUNISHED for having noobs on their teams, and REWARDED for killing noobs. What the fuck?!!?
    5. REMOVE team items eg. Mekansm, Vladimir, Pipe.
    6. Give both teams a FREE COURIER. Courier has ZERO VISION and is unkillable. Too many solo mids are ruined by the lack of a courier. Killling a courier is almost as good as killing a tower, giving everyone 175 gold. This is again feeding on noob play.
    7. Automatic, permanent wards at rune spots. Rarely do I play a game where there is proper warding done by the supports. Everyone wants to be a "HERO" and not want to do the "dirty work".

In conclusion, we need to change the game such that noobs and feeders DO NOT RUIN THE GAME. And that pro players can have a GREATER IMPACT on the outcome of the game.

In fact, I am happy that there are so many noobs playing Dota. The day that a game runs out of noobs is the day that the game starts to DIE. Think about it!!!!!! What we need to do, is not to try to make the noobs play with each other, but to minimise the HARM done by the noobs, while maximising the GOOD done by the pros !!!!!!!

LET US ALL E-MAIL ICEFROG TO PETITION HIM TO CHANGE THE METAGAME!!!!!
    icefrog@gmail.com

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solo Rice Farm View Post
    My suggestions are as follows:

1. Increase tower damage by 3 times to discourage early game diving.
    2. Increase tower hp by 3 times. Give all buildings 10hp per second hp regeneration to prevent early pushing.
    3. Re-introduce the good old AEGIS of the immortal as a PURCHASABLE ITEM. This greatly buffs carries.
    4. REDUCE hero kill bounty, first blood bounty, hero kill AOE bounty, hero kill assist bounty. This will greatly discourage ganking therefore ensuring that noobs feeders do not RUIN games. You see, by encouraging and rewarding ganks, players are PUNISHED for having noobs on their teams, and REWARDED for killing noobs. What the fuck?!!?
    5. REMOVE team items eg. Mekansm, Vladimir, Pipe.
    6. Give both teams a FREE COURIER. Courier has ZERO VISION and is unkillable. Too many solo mids are ruined by the lack of a courier. Killling a courier is almost as good as killing a tower, giving everyone 175 gold. This is again feeding on noob play.
    7. Automatic, permanent wards at rune spots. Rarely do I play a game where there is proper warding done by the supports. Everyone wants to be a "HERO" and not want to do the "dirty work".

In conclusion, we need to change the game such that noobs and feeders DO NOT RUIN THE GAME. And that pro players can have a GREATER IMPACT on the outcome of the game.
    You just described League of Legends. There's a special place there for people like you.

PS this is the dumbest set f "revolutionary" ideas i've ever seen.

Basic Member
    hes trolling obviously. Still there is a merit to one of his suggestiom. Make aegis buyable muahahahaha and dp shld rule the game once more.

Banned
    Even though this thread seems to have gone to the trolls.

It seems to me the movement of a players hidden mmr as it were is to eratic, how is it possible i play a game where everyone is playing well... good picks good synergy and playing well as a TEAM.
    Then the next game i play i get a Riki that buys boots 1st item, nobody should ever do this unless they random and that hero somehow greatly favors extra move speed at level 1.
    This same player buys diffusal blade and never ones uses it on use effect, negating most of the items usefullness and doesnt skill his most important skill... smokescreeen.

This has always been the case for me, the mm system keeps giving me bad games after i win a game or two, the games following have players around me that are just terrible or new :S shouldnt i be moving up this hidden mmr system and i would become the weaker link? thus making me prove that i should continue moving up? not introducing me to people who arent as skilled?
    This is how the system is broken.