Page 295 of 340 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 305 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3398

Thread: Official Matchmaking Feedback Thread

Basic Member
    MM has his flaws but no they don't force you to go 50%, many players have more (top being around 70%, but mostly between 51-55) and many have less (some people have 40 or less).
    The fact that most people are around 50% is actually something normal, there is some math stuff going on i can't remember the name but it's a graph. And it's normal, in most of the things people do in life a few of them will become amazing, a few of them will suck forever and a huge part of them will be average and improve slowly with time.

Back in the day when the beta had 20k players when i joined i said i dislike the fact that there is stacks vs solo but i said, maybe it's to reduce the search time for a game since there is not a lot of people. Right now tho, there is 170k people playing so there is no excuses anymore for that. People boost their MM by playing with stack and then when they solo they ruin the MM, a huge part of retarded games are because of this imo.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Valon View Post
    The fact that most people are around 50% is actually something normal, there is some math stuff going on i can't remember the name but it's a graph.
    Normal distribution aka 'the bell curve' --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution

Well, i'll give my opinion, and all i know about this crap.

First, most russians don't play on their server because it's on sweden, not in Russia. They got pretty much the same ping on the other EU servers. Still, it seems they don't give a shit, and do not ask Valve to put a Russian Server IN RUSSIA, and just go our servers, and fuck everything.

Second, it is, indeed, a trouble. I have been playing Dota 2 before Alchemist was released on it, and since the first day it was getting annoying. I even left the game for a month because i could not stand them, you had to choose between going to EU servers and facing the worst teamplay ever, or to go for Asia/EEUU servers, have 300 of lag and have some fun, even if your team loses because you lag as shit and can't do anything at all.

I would not say 95% of them, but pretty much the 75% of Russian players in the EU servers do with friends, and because of that, they ONLY talk Russian, to their friends, and ignore the rest of the team, then they report them for whatever reason they want to. Most of the times they pick the heroes they want to play, and not what you want, like picking Rikimaru, Ursa or Anti-Mage when you already have 2 carries, because "I like to play Carries better than iniciator or support" (Like it happend yesterday on one of my matches, i was Spirit Breaker and we also had Viper, we had Crystal Maiden and Lion, but he decided to go AM instead of Sandking to iniciate the fights, and then he when to farm during 40 minutes to win the match alone, without needing any help, and leaving us defend the entire base 4 vs 5 for all that time, then he claimed all the credit to himself for winning the game, and said that he won because "Russians are a superior race"), and pretty much fuck your team. Most of the times, by having over 3 Hard-carries in the team, all Melee heroes, No support or iniciation, and having no stuns or slows whatsoever.

Third, i guess Valve don't want to put the Language thingy because it could be even worse. For example, I'm spanish, but i pretty much hate Spanish players as i hate Russians. Most of them get fucking Mask of Madness and Daedalus no matter what hero are they playing (Enchantress, Crystal Maiden, Windrunner, that stuff), and it gets even more retarded. I like to play with my Dota 2 friends, and most of them are from UK. Yeah, we would take rid of russians, but at what cost? At some countries, it just get worse. And i don't want to make another Steam account to play Dota 2 in UK servers, because i only can play on Spanish ones in the one i usually use.

After all that, what i suggest? Modify the report options, and in the Text abuse, make available to report people for not talking in English. I can't see what else can we do to fix this. I just came from a game with a friend, i was Sven and my friend Venge. We where talking English. Who else was doing it? FUCKING NOONE. The 8 other players where russians. And they where talking between them in their language, we could not talk to them, they where not saying ss and such things (i guess they where talking on mic in Skype as well, or something), and Lina, the Mid hero, did NOT ganked our lane in the entire match, only ganked the Solo suicide lane that her friend, Windrunner was doing. And our jungle hero, Nature's Prophet, didn't even tried to push, gank or do anything usefull, just farming in the forest, and going to the enemy forest if the fight is on our jungle. Prophet ended up dying when they just warded both jungles, and Pudge and Night Stalker where hunting him all day.

Now tell me, it is right that i have to play with this kind of people all day? Right now, you can only have fun in Pubs by going in a 5 man premade. It's really needed to have fun, to also have ALWAYS 4 other friends to play?

The great trouble Match-Making has is that whenever you play, you will mostly end up with people who, maybe talk english, but they just don't bother to do it. And you know what? It's NOT Valve's problem. That's the problem of those players, but it ruins every game they go. And it's unfixable, sadly. So, we'll have to deal with it. It sucks? Yeah. But, what can we do? Move to other games because Dota 2 it's getting messed up by Russians and similar people?

Well, and now let's wait until they ignore all this totally, along with all the people who are also having troubles.
    Too lazy to write something with any sense. That's why i spam this here: My DevianArt account, my YouTube Channel, and my Steam Account.

Basic Member
    Dislike: i had 10 win streak, then 10 lose streak, i guess you found a way to balance my account.You put me in a game with 3 teamates that had 0-10 scores in 10 games so i had 10 lose streak (my score always positive) thanks again ,very good system!

Basic Member
    btw i play in europe and 9/10 games i cant read the chat, something is bugged i guess,because i see only russian letters and words.Wtf is this?Is it dota 2 bug that translate english chat to russian?9/10 games russian chat? wtf..

Sometimes i hear russian voices too!I had a sniper "harasho harasho harasho" 10 minutes later he left game after 0-12 score,couldnt finish his lothars, it was void's fault he said he didnt let him kills....HARASHO GAMO TI MANA TU
    Last edited by billi; 12-04-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Some of the games are well balanced and a lot of fun (no matter if you lose or win).
    But unfortunately whenever you win a couple of games, you immediatly get matched with bad players in your team (this is not just a statement, it's a fact). You're forced to lose some games, and right after that you will get some games, that are way too easy to win (this circumstance gets too little attention since most players dont care about easy wins - but i do).

What the MM algorithm can't be blamed for but what still annoys me is that there are way too many russians on the european servers. in about half of the games russian is the primarily spoken language (this is no exaggeration).

Banned
    I have enough of this shit, almost every time I play with teams of 3 or 4, they are acting like assholes.
    Recently I've ended on low priority because 4 friends reported me for arbitrary reasons.
    Same deal everytime, they will always blame the one who is not their friend, even if they are playing horribly bad.

Why dont you create seperate SOLO queues and TEAM queues. If some soloers are stupid enough to risk playing a game with a bunch of assholes, it's their problem, but for my part, it's getting very lame.

I found that matchmaking has improved for a few weeks, but these last days, I noticed an increasing number of players acting like jerks in my games.
    From the first minute, insults, troll and so on, for no reason at all.

These people are reporting for no reason (he's been AFK for 1 mn, REPORT HIM), that's ENOUGH, you have to do something.
    I don't deserve to be on low priority, just stop ignoring this kind behaviours, it's killing the community.

Basic Member
    Look at this shit you have created Valve.Great fucking job.

http://i.imgur.com/7qbhM.jpg

Basic Member
    Recently played 2 matches against stacked 5 player teams while my was 2+2+1 (I solo q), plz valve, solo q players doesnt wanna play against stacked teams. ty.

What's wrong in playing against 5? I won against 4 premade team and I was solo queing with 2+2+1. Stop whining. Gtfo!
    "Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough."
    "I don't play the odds, I play the man."
    "Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men, just want to watch the world burn."
    "Luck is the last dying wish of those who wanna believe that winning can happen by accident."