Page 338 of 340 FirstFirst ... 238 288 328 336 337 338 339 340 LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 3398

Thread: Official Matchmaking Feedback Thread

Banned
    dota 2 matchmaker is literally the WORST matchmaker of any game out there period. its a fucking joke.

cant take any of the rating seriously when all you have to do to win is q up with 4 buddies and pubstomp.

Basic Member
    Still putting up with this absolute shit matchmaking system. I just had a team with four players in the range of 38-45% win. Mine is in the 60s. They were all bad at the game and the match was a complete stomp.

What's going on? Why isn't anyone explaining how the matchmaking system works, or why this happens?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zsuper View Post
    Still putting up with this absolute shit matchmaking system. I just had a team with four players in the range of 38-45% win. Mine is in the 60s. They were all bad at the game and the match was a complete stomp.

What's going on? Why isn't anyone explaining how the matchmaking system works, or why this happens?
    too busy counting money from selling keys and hats to deal with actual gameplay issues.

Basic Member
    I've been checking the stats of people I solo queue into regularly, and it seems that the number and percentage of "wins" are HEAVILY considered in matchmaking. I have about 250 with 54% wins and so does everyone I get matched with. No wonder it takes so goddamn long to find a game. I'm beginning to think DotA2 doesn't even have an actual Elo system.

Banned
    Does valve make more money from hats or fixing mm? Of course the former. Expect further work on the former and less on the latter.

hopefully it doesnt have an elo system. elo assumes that the best player always wins because its designed to work in a setting where there are no teams and everyone wins or loses based on their own skill, not their cohesion with a group. there are multiple factors that could allow you to lose, completely unrelated to your own skill, such as hero picks, or your teammates

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuah View Post
    Does valve make more money from hats or fixing mm? Of course the former. Expect further work on the former and less on the latter.
    i wouldnt be too certain about that. i was a former tf2 competitive player(nothing big really). valve focused on the cosmetics of tf2 instead of improving the game balance-wise and gameplay-wise.
    so just maybe, there is more money in hats...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Talron View Post
    hopefully it doesnt have an elo system. elo assumes that the best player always wins because its designed to work in a setting where there are no teams and everyone wins or loses based on their own skill, not their cohesion with a group. there are multiple factors that could allow you to lose, completely unrelated to your own skill, such as hero picks, or your teammates
    agreed. regardless, i just hope that valve will release any proper system soon, i wouldnt mind elo even...

Basic Member
    Just vote for public player ratings on the dotabuff poll and we will finally be able to figure out the MM system or atleast have an outside source that gives recognition to skilled players who lose because of bad teams.

^and what exactly does that solve?

public ratings just allows an extra level of bitching

Basic Member
    I cant wait until the DBR goes public, all bads n crybabies quit, and I can finally play some competitive DotA.

It's a competitive game FFS, VOTE PUBLIC.

people already flame regardless anyways... it will never stop. now we can just see who deserves it and who doesnt.
    Last edited by strreamix; 01-21-2013 at 11:45 PM.