Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Graphical Summary of HUD/UI Requests

Quote Originally Posted by slowreflex View Post
    It's interesting to see it like this. Make sure you've gone through my Common Suggestions list if you haven't already and add anything else in there. I don't agree with all of the changes, but it's a good summary.
    Not sure i did, if you can send me the link and ill check it out. Only compilation i can remember atm is about tooltip information changes. Tnx for the sticky and for title change i noticed to late that i misspelled it

Quote Originally Posted by Konung View Post
    This is how I would like it. Keep the top and bottom exactly like it currently is: icons, portrait, minimap, abilities etc. But with these changes:

1-5 Add an option to open these up like we currently do with the scoreboard. I don't always want it to clutter my screen.
    7-8 Suggested alot of times. Good to have bigger letters for the shop and manacost visual directly for the items
    9 I agree on that the buff system should be reworked so you can easily make difference on what are buffs, de-buffs, auras (positive & negative) and so that you with ease can understand what things that are purgable.
    10 I don't understand the difference
    11 Not very needed but it still is a nice addition to see your current orb
    12 Keep map were it currently is
    13 It is nice to see were your allies are going. But make it an option so that you can avoid unwanted clutter.
    14 No, this actually decides who gets the rune alot of times
    15-16 Like I wrote in the start of the post. These go were they currently are
    17 I also think that you should be able to see your reg at all times

T-up to:
    Being able to see how long a buff will last (Shadow Demon picture)
    The new observer ward design with clock ticking down (Observer Ward Picture)
    Less clutter if you got mass units (Broodmother picture)
    Red text for Unique attack modifiers
    SD-layout, even though I already t-up them in their own thread before.

T-down to:
    Your suggested layour for duration on a summon. Will look much better if he just have a timer that counts down (Boar picture)
    Layout on Aghanims upgrades. Would be better if you click a button on the tooltip to see the aghanims tooltip. Trying having both in same tooltip makes it cluttered.
    Grouping leveling/dots of same skills. Dosn't look better and wont make it easier
    1-5 in my opinion location for teammates sidebar should be individual, some prefer top some side or bottom. Ill try to make it a popup and see if i can made it look decent enough to post it )
    10 difference between current and these - there is no circular filling of the ability picture. Difference between those 2 - first have transparent image and second is a black background.
    13 it was actually suggested only for your own hero, I agree that all 5 would cause too much clutter
    14 no it doesn't, they are permanent dots that only show location and will be there even when there are no runes. We have roshans mark and it doesn't decide who kills him )

map, clock, item locations... wary from person to person so i can satisfy all but different locations for them are done in the thread i provided. Best way for that to be handled is to let us relocate them as we want.

Spider pic has simple cooldown. If made by someone more skilful boar cd may look better )

The difference between current and new aghanims tooltips is in 4 digits, not much of a clutter, button would take that much space and i think that info for it should be accessible at first look.

Basic Member
    ofc we all know the hud needs still a lot of work and i guess everyone agree's to that, and i really like the changes you did with single draft and some relocations etc. but i dont like the heroes on the left and right side. and the clock should be in the middle too. Valve did a good job so far with the top bar, but the botton is too big, especially the hero portait is WAY TO BIG.

But all in all i think it will take a bit to change the hud since that wouldnt be the main focus for valve now....sadly

Added: sd updated screen, swap pop-up window and invoker tooltip changes.

Added: animated loading screen, enemy hero level, ping - enemy hero focus marker

Basic Member
    big t-up for most of it, although i'm not satisfied with some of the ui improvements (e.g. the switch of minimap+itembar, teambar with health and mana [would be gamechanging imo]).

Basic Member
    Hi, after apr 12th patch(around 100mb), when I play Dota2, the screen shows unfinished renders (purple coloured)

It's something like a huge purple chess/checker boards all over the place
    I tried setting my video settings to default and it doesn't solve the problem
    setting all of it to low is also not helping. it was fine before this update. and there is no prob with my graphics card, cuz bf3 is working swell..

can we add to the suggestions miss buttons like in a hon mod? for example there are 3 buttons over the map T M B, an example: you click with the left mouse button to T and an automatic message will appear in team-chat - Top Lane Miss ; you click with the right mouse button to T and an automatic message will appear in team-chat - Top Lane Re
    System #1 Spec for Bug Reporting:_____System #2 Spec for Bug Reporting:
    ----------------------------------------_______..----------------------------------------
    CPU: Intel Core Duo T2300______________.CPU: Intel I7-3770K
    GPU: ATI Mobility X1600_________________GPU: Nvidia GTX-670
    RAM: DDR2 667 2GB__________________iiRAM: DDR3 1600 16GB
    OS: Win7 Ultimate 32bit___________________Win7 Ultimate 64bit
    Res: 720p_______________________________.Res: 1080p

Net: 25Mbit/1,5Mbit

@Neraz - I just put stuff that's been asked for, the discussion in the provided treads will decide whether they will consider adding it.

@bharat - Wrong thread, there are many problems like that so far with video setting after update, just search the forums. In my experience best thing to do is have a backup of the video.txt file with your desired settings.

@tikshow - You can currently do that through console with bind key command, there is a thread about it somewhere started to get predefined keys to use it in order to avoid meddling with console. Ill keep it in mind
    Last edited by Panter_d17; 04-13-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Basic Member
    (-)I do not like switching the inventory and the map. There is no reason for it other than making it exactly like the LoL UI (not flaming LoL here it just looks the exact same).

(-)Same goes for moving team info to the sides. I like the symmetrical look af the top-UI and you would have to look right and left to see your team's and the other team's status. It is more convenient the way it is now.

(+) I do like the idea of seeing team HP-bars though and considering that we already have that feature in the commentator mode, it should be easy to put into the regular game...so easy in fact that I wonder if that is deliberate but I doubt it. Would be great to have that at the top of the screen as well.

(-) Also, I see why people would want to see their team-mates inventory without clicking but it looks a bit much. I mean, in the time I need to identify a specific item in 4 tiny inventories with 6 slots each on the side of my screen, I might as well click a portait.

(-) And seeing all abilities and cooldowns of your team and their mana at all times is definitely too much to put on screen, IMO. Knowing if their ultimate is up is enough and you see their mana when they are on your screen anyway.

Everything else is pretty much great but simply copying the UI of another game is not the solution.
    Last edited by Cymen; 04-13-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panter_d17 View Post
    @tikshow - You can currently do that through console with bind key command, there is a thread about it somewhere started to get predefined keys to use it in order to avoid meddling with console. Ill keep it in mind
    yes, I know, but I already use a ton of key, and I can't bind another 3-4 to a comfortable position
    System #1 Spec for Bug Reporting:_____System #2 Spec for Bug Reporting:
    ----------------------------------------_______..----------------------------------------
    CPU: Intel Core Duo T2300______________.CPU: Intel I7-3770K
    GPU: ATI Mobility X1600_________________GPU: Nvidia GTX-670
    RAM: DDR2 667 2GB__________________iiRAM: DDR3 1600 16GB
    OS: Win7 Ultimate 32bit___________________Win7 Ultimate 64bit
    Res: 720p_______________________________.Res: 1080p

Net: 25Mbit/1,5Mbit