Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pathing issues near Sentinel top tower

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pglppasarel View Post
    the video is gray first 3-4 seconds but this is another stupid pathing exemple with veno wards http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX3Tms3o99k&feature=plcp
    Probably related, I had a game yesterday where Veno wouldn't auto-attack roshan, when there were wards in between. Easily within range.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GewoonDaan View Post
    Probably related, I had a game yesterday where Veno wouldn't auto-attack roshan, when there were wards in between. Easily within range.
    you cant attack roshan from outside the pit.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    2012-11-10_00001.jpg

Bumping this because it's a nasty bug which is easily reproducible:
    Black circle = hero position
    Green circle = target position (for the Move command)
    Yellow path = expected movement
    Red path = actual movement

I think I also encountered this kind of bug near the Radiant side shop, but it's not obvious when watching the replay.
    CPU: Intel i7 2630QM
    GPU: nVidia GeForce GT 525M ( 1GB )
    RAM: 6 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz

fix pathing pls
    its very often kill or die situation

Basic Member
    I've had issues where I click near the edge of a forest under a tree. However, there must be collision much larger than it appears on the tree so my hero behaves unexpectedly. Unfortunately this doesn't mean he runs towards the trees and stops short, it often means my character will take a very long circuitous route to the other side of the tree even farther from where I clicked (like an extra 4 seconds running distance).

I've definitely seen the one near towers, the veno ward behavior, and the hero double-backing-because-the-path-is-blocked-by-a-hero issue. I think I've noticed this near bottom dire stairs to Roshan (right side) where one hero can block that path... You click up the ramp to chase an enemy hero (so yours doesn't stop immediately when they disappear) and this makes things worse because your hero decides it's better to run down the river and around...

These weird pathing things have gotten me killed or spared what would have been guaranteed kills on an enemy.

Interesting topic guys.
    Me and my friends where also talking on how different it seems from Dota 1.
    Maybe Valve can look into this a little bit.

PS: To the post above me, yep I also experienced the same thing.

Basic Member
    happened to me too countless times

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    the difference of the pathing algorithms in dota 1 and 2 in morvan's case is that warcraft 3 only bypasses the blocked passage, when you click in the moment, it is blocked. if you are already running towards a blocked passage and new information is revealed on the way, you will continue until you run into the obstacle. thats, what i can remember from warcraft 3, but i dont think, it had anything to do with "how long the blocked passage is visible". the pathing of dota 2 is simply too "advanced" on that matter, making it unreliable.
    That sounds really bad to me. Warcraft 3's way is much better.

Basic Member
    bump!!

I just leave this here, seems to cover the same issue: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=19490