Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Show game highlights after a game

[Suggestion] Show game highlights after a game

As the title says, show highlights of a game after its finished. im thinking of a button in the ending screen of a game that lets you review the most interesting scenes. those scenes could either be determined by the players during the game, maybe by clicking on a button in the player overview tab after a noteworthy scene, by the game itself (like its being done with the "directed" camera in dota2tv) or by a combination of those 2 - id prefer the latter option since both ways, if being used on their own, might be missing out on some scenes.

obviously i think it would be best to have a way of jumping through the highlights, fast fowarding, show them on 1/2 speed, jumping back etc.

its useful because you can review your own actions in a game which can help you improve.
    its fun because if youre playing with friends you can watch the highlights together and laugh at your mates failing with fissures.
    its interesting because casters can use it to analyze the most important scenes of a game - during a teamfight there is usually so much happening at once that many things maybe go unseen. with this option a caster or a co-caster can go through the deciding moments again and explain what the most important factor was, stop at a certain point, go half speed etc.

actually i think that they are already planning to implement this but i guess it doesnt hurt to suggest it.

Basic Member
    Nice idea. But I think insert the highlight button after the game is a bad idea, imo they should insert it in the replay. Thats you can watch the highlights of the replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Leandros View Post
    Nice idea. But I think insert the highlight button after the game is a bad idea, imo they should insert it in the replay. Thats you can watch the highlights of the replay.
    why not both? make the highlights available in the replay as well as right after the game via ending screen? i dont see how an option to watch the highlights after finishing a game is "a bad idea", its an OPTION, you dont have to watch it.

i actually thought about using the highlights in the replay but forgot to put it in my suggestion, thank you for reminding me.

Basic Member
    No.

If you want to watch some parts of the game, you have the replay. If you think something was IMBAWTFBBQ, send it to a video maker.

Nobody will ever search for random match ids just to check the "game highlights". This is completely useless for pubs.
    Last edited by Lamza; 04-11-2012 at 03:44 AM.
    CPU: Intel i7 2630QM
    GPU: nVidia GeForce GT 525M ( 1GB )
    RAM: 6 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz

Basic Member
    yea good idea, but dont know if that would be the main focus for valve right now... later maybe!

Nice idea, maybe it could be introduced when (and if) Valve adds a replay editor such as the one TF2 has. Being able to collect the highlights from a match and put them together would be awesome, even more if you were able to upload them directly on Youtube.

Basic Member
    Great idea actually. Add option to disable it and I think no one would hate it.

When you view a replay there is an auto-speed option, which pretty much skips along until it hits hero fights. So, in a big way, this suggestion is already implemented.

And I do highly recommend watching some of your own replays. You see your playing in a whole new light.

Basic Member
    This would be so awesome.

Basic Member
    I think that ideas like this being implemented will be necessary to really make the social scene of the game more enjoyable. Right now, the production tools that are available to casters and different streams are limited to either showing the game in live action or going back to the replay. These types of features would make watching games much more exciting.

For instance, if you were in spectator mode watching a game and someone died or some major event happened, you should be able to show a quick replay of that event in a smaller window where you can see the "slow motion replay" or just watch it again. Something like this would be amazing for promoting the "esport" to an audience.

Additionally, playing through some of the different events in a match after it's completed would be a lot of fun. I would change around the OP's idea to show you a list of events at the conclusion screen which you can click through to rewatch those events. This could be fun for casters, spectators and even players. Going through the process of loading a replay just to rewatch one team fight is a pain.