Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Courier spawns in inaccessable area

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Courier spawns in inaccessable area

Summary: Donky spawned in the wood near base spawn.

Repro: unknown

Res.: details here 2012-03-07_00001.jpg

Exp. res.: donky should spawn somwhere near shop
    Last edited by Muffin; 04-09-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: image added locally, link removed

404 not found.
    Please, just call me buny.

Do not open this thread twice

Also here 404 not found. Pls provide us some pieces of information.

The donkey will spawn where you are when using the item. If you are in the woods and use item the donkey will spawn there, if you are in enemy fountain, the donkey will spawn there. Or is it a different problem. Give more info on this.
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.

Basic Member

Screenshot

2012-03-07_00001.jpg
    Hmm.. dubble appologies, first for dual threading by accident and second for not testing the link (i've linked it to my public screenshot thought it'll work) I have attached the screen to this post.

Basic Member
    So this thing occurred again and id like to give a suggestion on how this could be solved.

Solution:
    A)Make the position for donkey(use) inside fountain a fixed one so no mater where you stand at start donkey spawns in his "stable" or smthing.
    (Fountain area considered as inside walled area)

Still allow for donkey to get stuck in place on picture if player gets outside fountain area faced South right in front of trees.
    (for those hardcore players that for some reason would like to do it)

B) Fill that empty area with another tree.

Link to the replay / Match ID? I wonder if this could occur depending on where your hero spawns initially vs being surrounded etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    A)Make the position for donkey(use) inside fountain a fixed one so no mater where you stand at start donkey spawns in his "stable" or smthing.
    (Fountain area considered as inside walled area)
    Ok, I appreciate your effort. But I do not think that this is a [Bug], and imo it is working as intended.
    When you use your courier, it will spawn in front of you.
    If you use your courier facing to that spot, courier will spawn on that spot.
    Your fix does not address several other locations all over the map, and I don't making such a tweak for that single spot makes any sense... Sorry.

But here is another suggestion:
    • I can't think of any reasonable reason for not using the courier immediately after you buy it. Why would you carry the courier all the way to your lane, what can be your intention?
    • So, if my statement above is correct without any exceptions, then I suggest making courier auto-spawned as soon as it gets into the inventory of any hero. Additionally, also making it spawned on a fixed location at the fountain area will be the second part of this fix.
    • Making it auto-spawned only when it gets into a hero's inventory will prevent it from being spawned without any hero at base.
    • The only issue about this suggestion is that you can buy courier from the enemy base, too. And normally, you can't spawn your courier at base if you have bought it from the enemy base. I don't know why would anybody buy a courier from the enemy base, and want to spawn it there, but this is an issue. However, I don't think it would be problematic to make the courier get spawned at your own base when you buy a courier from the enemy base. I mean, what could go wrong with that?

Volunteer Moderator
    It isn't technically a bug, but couriers can be spawned up cliffs from lowground similar to how other units can. This is a bug, so perhaps summoned units should consider all obstructions when being spawned (they only considered cliffs in WC3 DotA).

Basic Member
    added to sticky as "annoyance".
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage