Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: No Projectiles, Spell animations or Gold.

Basic Member
    My render setting is maxed and my AA is alo on.

I have a GTX580. I highly doubt this is a GFX issue, or a network issue.

screenshot pls!
    System #1 Spec for Bug Reporting:_____System #2 Spec for Bug Reporting:
    ----------------------------------------_______..----------------------------------------
    CPU: Intel Core Duo T2300______________.CPU: Intel I7-3770K
    GPU: ATI Mobility X1600_________________GPU: Nvidia GTX-670
    RAM: DDR2 667 2GB__________________iiRAM: DDR3 1600 16GB
    OS: Win7 Ultimate 32bit___________________Win7 Ultimate 64bit
    Res: 720p_______________________________.Res: 1080p

Net: 25Mbit/1,5Mbit

Basic Member
    What do you want me to take a screenshot of?

Occasionally, and I confirm this happens randomly to the other people I play with, a tower destroy message, or a hero kill message wont be shown as text, the audio for it wont play and the only way to know that hero died is to look at the top row of portraits or the scoreboard.

It doesnt happen to everyone on my team at once. I can kill a hero and see it fine, and my teammates will say "did she die? No writing came up." Even though the text came up for me. And the opposite also happens.

It would be very hard to show this with a screenshot. I have found that the missing projectile and +gold display above the dead creeps head occurs more frequently when the attack or point of impact is at the edge of the screen or just out of view.

okay, you mine friend are suffering from lag, this is a graphical bug which always occour and look like this: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=23991 - if you don't have 100% render quality
    System #1 Spec for Bug Reporting:_____System #2 Spec for Bug Reporting:
    ----------------------------------------_______..----------------------------------------
    CPU: Intel Core Duo T2300______________.CPU: Intel I7-3770K
    GPU: ATI Mobility X1600_________________GPU: Nvidia GTX-670
    RAM: DDR2 667 2GB__________________iiRAM: DDR3 1600 16GB
    OS: Win7 Ultimate 32bit___________________Win7 Ultimate 64bit
    Res: 720p_______________________________.Res: 1080p

Net: 25Mbit/1,5Mbit

Basic Member
    It could have to do with actual ping, I suppose. I usually play with ~250 ping due to my distance to the servers, not an actual connection quality issue.

I doubt it has to do with my graphics settings or performance though - like I said all my settings are maxed. I would love to try it with lower ping, but I cant do that unless I fly closer to one of the servers

Not a huge issue, but it still needs to be resolved regardless of ping or graphics settings.

Basic Member
    As mentioned before it's pretty hard to show this with a screenshot. This is a new occuring problem, for me atleast, before it has been no problems with visual glitches even when playing on US East.

Basic Member
    GTX 560 Ti 2012-04-13_00001.jpg glitches occurs randomly throughout the games. I think this has a huge impact on gameplay.

Basic Member
    I've already posted about the exact same problem and am still experiencing them. If I turn my render quality up to 100% and enable anti aliasing then restart dota the changes are not saved. Is there a console command for render settings which could be used in conjunction with an autoexec.cfg?

Basic Member
    This visual glitch is not present when watching live games afaik. Can anyone who has the same problem confirm this?
    Last edited by badsko; 04-13-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Basic Member
    I still can't see any projectiles or spell effects when watching live games and I have the same issue.