Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Console and Bind Settings

Post Remap the ALT and Space key

1) Ability to remap both the Alt and Shift key. Right now you're pretty handicapped if not using the default controls because these two keys are so important for a multitude of uses, but you can't "move" them to the keys you want

As in diHobbes's example it would be cool to be able to e.g. have the Alt key remapped to e.g. Space so you could space+key to activate your items etc.

2) Ability to change the mouse sensitivity of the mouse in-game.

Looking much forward to this - thanks!

Basic Member
    please make it possible to modify the legacy hotkeys in a more practical way than editing dotakeys_personal.lst (which doesn't seem to work anymore anyway -.- ).

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    We recently released the new Settings Panel and are looking for feedback. Are there any useful binds or console settings you feel should be in the UI?
    A toggle button for in_lock_mouse_to_window 0/1 please.

Very useful while watching replay.

I use capslock as a hotkey for an item. It's annoying since the capslock goes on and off each time I pressed the button. It should be disabled if assigned on a hotkey.

Basic Member
    Well, there's a key that I want to bind, but it is impossible, the game don't allow me to do that. I don't know if it is because of ABNT keyboard, but the key in left of Z (\ in my keyboard) cannot be used for bind, for example, the chat wheel.

Why that? Why I can't bind all the keys I want? And, just to know, why is impossible to use Ctrl or shift to bind keys?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcOlle View Post
    Well, there's a key that I want to bind, but it is impossible, the game don't allow me to do that. I don't know if it is because of ABNT keyboard, but the key in left of Z (\ in my keyboard) cannot be used for bind, for example, the chat wheel.

Why that? Why I can't bind all the keys I want? And, just to know, why is impossible to use Ctrl or shift to bind keys?
    yeah i wanted to map this key for 14 months, but nobody gives shit about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    just make an alias and bind it to a key
    by that logic we don't need hotkey options in the game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MinTharSteals View Post
    I use capslock as a hotkey for an item. It's annoying since the capslock goes on and off each time I pressed the button. It should be disabled if assigned on a hotkey.
    This. I use capslock for chat wheel. Would really love a feature to keep caps lock locked.

Basic Member
    0) Triple Buffering toggle!
    1) [BUG] I can bind "PAUSE" to Pause but in the menu it still writes "NUMLOCK"
    2) No modifier should be hardcoded into the game:
    -The key for "Chat all" is required to be Shift+Chat key atm. EDIT: binding Chat to an alphanumeric will make that character appear in the chat line (happens e.g. with Y).
    -Ping etc hotkeys are unchangable afaik.
    -SPACE as a modifier would be great.
    -Simple presses of modifiers should be possible to bind to actions (like in some other Valve games)
    A new tab in the hotkeys panel for customizing modifiers would be truly revolutionary.
    3) A new option for toggling raw mouse input i.e. in-game mouse settings (sensitivity, mouse acceleration). People playing on multiple pc's might like that.
    4) I use these in autoexec.cfg:

con_enable "1"
    mat_triplebuffered "1"
    dota_force_right_click_attack "1" //very useful
    dota_disable_range_finder "0"
    dota_minimap_hero_size "900"
    dota_unit_fly_bonus_height "50"
    dota_camera_disable_zoom "1"
    dota_sf_game_end_delay "0"
    dota_killcam_show "1"
    Last edited by vuplea; 01-03-2013 at 07:40 AM. Reason: none

Basic Member
    erm my f4 used to be my console key but today suddenly dont work, i only can use f4 to close console but cant open only this \ key can open the console. wad can i do to make my console key back to f4 to work normally