Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Console and Bind Settings

Binding Camera Grip to MOUSE4 or MOUSE5 seemed to stop working for some reason, both in Reborn and the normal client

Basic Member
    Quickcast option for separate invoker spells. Example: Quickcast on but alacrity quickcast off

Basic Member
    Hey guys, i'm experiencing issues with saving settings... Whenever I modify my settings it modifies the local setting files in dota 2 demo/.../cfg. However It doesn't copy it,
    to UserData/UserID/570/cfg... and it always loads the old settings. I've checked the UserData/UserID/570/cfg files, they are NOT set to read-only...

It seems to me that steam fails to sync TO cloud the modified settings. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Found the solution:
    The autoexec and modified gameconvars were at fault. Removing the autoexec and reverting the gameconvars file to stock did the trick.
    It seems like dota no longer stores bindings as local settings. It goes directly to UserData to sync with cloud. Running an autoexec where you modify some keybindigs however causes some wierdness, and the game creates a dotakeyspersonal file in the folder for local settings (dota 2 demo/.../cfg) and stores the modified settings there. However, since the game loads the keybindings from the remote folder, your settings will keep reverting. I think it only affects only the keybindigs. So if you don't modify keys it should be ok to use autoexec.
    Last edited by Tusy; 03-30-2016 at 02:07 PM.

Can you bind cast on key up only for certain spell, like for example for ultimate only?

Basic Member
    used to---some heros need ' quickcast on key down' on, some heros neednot

Now without configbind, how to do that? what did u do valve????????????????????/

Basic Member
    Toggle camera follow by toggling hotkey. It was the one thing I used the console for and now that I can't do that my gameplay is suffering big time.

Basic Member
    It would be great to have:

1. Quick Move and Quick Patrol to be available just as Quick Attack
    2. Rebind CTRL Modifier and SHIFT Modifier options.
    3. Move to direction as another Move command (so it will issue move order)
    4. Cycling units and move camera above selected unit (with modifier or separate hotkey)

5. Alternative hotkeys
    6. All phrases to be available for hotkeys binding (including those only available with Alt + Ctrl + clicking on stuff)
    7. Buyback button
    8. Option to disable Double press camera follow, Self cast, and Camera position second tap to return to hero timeouts
    Last edited by omheten; 07-09-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Basic Member
    It seems some vcfg file is overriding the ingame settings panel. Unbinding J for glyph in settings is simply not enough to remove it. Invoker legacy bug is an easy fix as well. Removing D and F from your pak01_dir.vpk would be a start. Please fix these simple issues that has been with us for a loooooong time now.

I would love a setting for SHIFT KEY in DOTA 2 which would have a 2 (+2) options that can be enabled/disbabled

- enable/disable adding into control groups
    - enable/disable removing from control groups (basically you could remove units from selections by using control groups. For example - removing 2nd meepo, which is in this case grouped to number 2, by pressing shift+2 while all meepos selected)

(AND)

- enable/disable shift key as a modifier key (which could remove the top 2 options when activated.)
    - enable/disable queuing (just for the lul's and if it some way could possibly overlap with something which i doubt it ever will)

Basic Member

i tried to find in the forum couldn't

hey guys do anyone know how to disable on console these numbers that show how much damage was dealt to the enemy hero? or creeps whatever in the last udpate. That disable bar stuff too. It's just visual polution.