Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Console and Bind Settings

Basic Member
    Didn't read the entire topic but:

• Seperate, togglebale keybinds for 5-skill heroes (especially handy when you random/single draft such heroes)
    • Frequently used courier macros to level the playing field, mainly 'select courier and deliver from stash'
    • Toggle auto-attack (paired with a visual indicator)

And maybe expand the sticky buys, visually or not, to make room for hotkeying buying obs wards, sentry wards and tp's

EDIT:
    Also Chatmacro's:
    • Top/Mid/Bot is missing
    • Re
    • Out of mana
    •*On my way
    • Back
    • Push
    Last edited by GewoonDaan; 10-27-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Basic Member
    If you have chatmacro's you could also auto-translate them, so that ruskies and europeans at least understand eachother in the most important stuff.

Basic Member
    I think there should definitely be a way to bind modifiers for nearly every function. Control / Shift / Alt all seem to have issues being bound to things. For example, in the last patch it would be great to bind control (left control) for the new chat wheel (since I don't have control being used for anything else at the moment). However, this isn't possible. Another example: I'd like to use a modifier, alt or shift, along with wasd to control the camera. The lack of proper binding options and lack of work arounds (without using fairly complex scripts) is pretty poor and could (hopefully) be easily improved. For me, it seems like being unable to use modifiers for anything or even those same modifier keys as actual keys (my chat wheel example) would be a welcomed change and, as far as I know, would not affect anything.

In this same line - whenever you make a change in settings you can often see what specifically was done in the console. But in the previous examples when using modifiers... There's nothing. I don't know where it stores the information (I'm assuming cloud) because I'm unable to find a reference to where the settings are stored anywhere. It usually changes something in the config.cfg file but whenever a modifier is used (on the few keys currently capable) it is merely blank in console.

More information and options would be great.

Hi, I've been lurking for a scrypt or something but I just cant find what I want. So if anyone can do this I would like to

When you hold Space bar dota_camera_lock "1"
    When you release Space bar dota_camera_lock "0"

I tried:
    alias +single_follow "+dota_camera_follow; -dota_camera_follow; +dota_camera_follow"
    alias -single_follow "-dota_camera_follow"
    bind Space +single_follow
    But when your mouse reaches the border of the screen the camera pans and when it touches the border the lock is gone

Ty in advance

Quote Originally Posted by flm404 View Post
    Option to turn off/on main menu animations (+dota_embers 0) should be implemented in UI ASAP.
    THIS, man that dashboard is sooo laggy. Many people have had so many problems with it for months now.

On a SIDE note but kind of related. PLEASE do not enable anything that gives a competitive advantage, right click deny, range indicators etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibubu View Post
    Sure, it looks a bit silly, but this helmet makes more sense than ~50% of Furions cosmetics that are already in the game. And its not like he's wielding a wooden penis (one can easily make a penis shaped staff out of wooden branch and there are no arguments why it could not be done). The Acorn helmet is actually VERY fitting since it's natural shape is used. Also it is used for it's quality to withstand blows.
    Wow, amazing insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Albain View Post
    A Few patches ago you messed up the double tap self cast. IT seems the time duration allowed between double tap IS WAY TOO LONG. For example playing omni knight, say you go to cast heal on a teammate he is out of range you move a bit and cast heal again it heals yourself. This has been happening a lot on the double tap skills. The time between double tap should be very minimal to determine an actual double tap.

Another example. Playing undying I wanted to heal my friend he went into the fog of war right when I went to heal when he came out I went to heal him again but IT HEALED ME.

The time interval needs to be fixed ASAP. Maybe you could put a slider for the double tap self cast so people could customize it like they want, but to me a double tap is freaking very fast not this 2 seconds between key strokes, this needs attention immediately. Great game btw.
    YES, this is a MAJOR PROBLEM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibubu View Post
    Sure, it looks a bit silly, but this helmet makes more sense than ~50% of Furions cosmetics that are already in the game. And its not like he's wielding a wooden penis (one can easily make a penis shaped staff out of wooden branch and there are no arguments why it could not be done). The Acorn helmet is actually VERY fitting since it's natural shape is used. Also it is used for it's quality to withstand blows.
    Wow, amazing insight.

Dear developers!
    Can you make the setting hotkeys for each hero? As in DotA 1.
    Regards onlyo!

Basic Member
    can u make a console command or a ui one where u can disable the color on the border when u get damage, get stunned, silenced etc? u did the screen shake why not this one 2? <3

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlyo View Post
    Dear developers!
    Can you make the setting hotkeys for each hero? As in DotA 1.
    Regards onlyo!
    It is possible by editing the file dotakeys_personal.lst from Steam/userdata/*ID*/remote/cfg/570 with saving a copy due to its periodic reset after dota 2 upgrades.

OR IT WAS POSSIBLE. Comrades, todays dota 2 upgrade changed structure of dotakeys_personal.lst. A big piece in it included heroes hotkeys dissapeared, and unusual hotkeys don't work in game.
    There was unworkable heroes hotkeys describing in another file in common/dota2 beta/... but i even didnt find it out now.

So, please, tell me, it is only my problem or not? Are customise hotkeys available still?

Basic Member
    Spacebar+key functionality.

The spacebar is so big that it's very ergonomic.

Thank you!
    Last edited by diHobbes; 12-17-2012 at 10:39 AM.