Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] People with Haste Rune can't be slowed

[Confirmed] People with Haste Rune can't be slowed

Summery:
    The Haste Rune is supposed to give a 100% speed bonus, doubling you base speed and effectively giving you max move speed most of the time. Say for example Earth Shaker has a haste run, and doesn't have any speed item. This would make his 300 move speed increase to 600, and then get clamped to 522.

Now, lets say the enemy Warlock has his level 4 Upheaval and has channeled it for a few seconds. This would be an 84% slow. This would reduces Earth Shaker's speed from 200% to 116%, making it so he should move at 348.

But in game, no matter how many slows you toss on a person, they can't be slowed.

Repro Steps:
    1) Pick a character and have them not buy any speed items. Get them to pick up a haste rune.
    2) While your character is hasted, have several enemies with significant slows try to cast them. Lets do Invoker's Max Level Ice Wall inside of Warlock's max level Upheaval, what should be 224% slow.
    3) Run freely around the slows, not having your speed changed at all

Result: You aren't slowed at all

Expected Results: After enough slows have been applied, a hasted person's speed should be effected, since it isn't max move speed but a 100% speed buff. Someone like Viper should be able to slow a hasted enemy enough to actually chase them.

Or, if I am wrong about how the Haste rune should work, please correct me. I am just reading what it says here: http://www.playdota.com/mechanics/runes
    Last edited by Drkirby; 04-12-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Haste Rune in Dota 1 works exactly the same way as Haste Rune in Dota 2.

Its intended.

Only way you can stop the movement speed capped at maximum is by dispelling the rune buff. Slows wont work because the Haste rune buff caps movement speed at maximum 522 for its duration.
    He's the hero this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt his identity, because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's a silent buffer, a watchful nerfer. An IceFrog.

My Speedtest Result

Quote Originally Posted by d.phoenixxx View Post
    Haste Rune in Dota 1 works exactly the same way as Haste Rune in Dota 2.

Its intended.

Only way you can stop the movement speed capped at maximum is by dispelling the rune buff. Slows wont work because the Haste rune buff caps movement speed at maximum 522 for its duration.
    Is this a change that happened in the past 2 years? Here is a topic on the playdota board where they also state that the Haste Rune isn't caped max speed and that you can be slowed:
    http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228239

http://www.playdota.com/learn/runeinfo

Quoting playdota.com:
    Haste

Grants the hero maximum movespeed (522 ms) for the entire 30 second duration of the rune.

Basically, I interpret that as taking your MS, since no hero has MS lower than 261, and then doubling it for the whole duration of that 30 seconds.
    This buff overrides all the slows.
    Last edited by d.phoenixxx; 04-12-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    He's the hero this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt his identity, because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's a silent buffer, a watchful nerfer. An IceFrog.

My Speedtest Result

^ his link is better

Quote Originally Posted by d.phoenixxx View Post
    http://www.playdota.com/learn/runeinfo

Quoting playdota.com:
    Haste

Grants the hero maximum movespeed (522 ms) for the entire 30 second duration of the rune.

Basically, I interpret that as taking your MS, since no hero has MS lower than 261, and then doubling it for the whole duration of that 30 seconds.
    This buff overrides all the slows.
    Advance mechanic forums>>>>>>learn the game section.

The learn the game section is not precise like the answers from the guys who actually get theirs source directly from DotA1's data files.
    Haste doesn't give you perma 522 MS, it gives a simple 100% MS bonus, which in most cases is enough to give you fullspeed. So units on Haste can be slowed.

OP is right.
    Please, just call me buny.

Haste only gives a 100% ms bonus, it should be possible to slow units with haste.

The link is in adv. mech is old, but still correct. Added to sticky.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    Would this be the same with dark seers surge then? Yesterday I was purged by shadow demon and I used surge to run away at max movement speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmo0n View Post
    Would this be the same with dark seers surge then? Yesterday I was purged by shadow demon and I used surge to run away at max movement speed.
    No, for Dark Seer's Surge and Lycan's Ultimate, they are meant to not be able to get slowed.

Also, the Haste Rune should be removed with a Purge, which doesn't happen right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmo0n View Post
    You're overwriting the effect with Surge if you use Surge after Demonic Purge. Same as if you pick Haste Rune after getting Demonic Purge'd. Most recent effect always takes in place in 99% of the situations.

I'm pretty sure it was possible to slow (and beat the shit out of them) people who has Haste Rune Buff in WC3 DotA. Now it works like Lycanthrope's Ultimate.

So; It's not intended, it's a bug and it needs to be fixed.
    Last edited by Diabolic; 04-13-2012 at 12:22 AM.