Thread: Opening console with alternate hotkey

Opening console with alternate hotkey

The console works as intended with the default hotkey (`/~) but after playing HoN I got used to select courier directly with the same key.
    I tried changing the console hotkey with "bind <key> toggleconsole", it actually works to close the console, but you can never open it again with the key you just bound. Nonetheless, the tilde still works to open it if you didn't bind it to something else.

Basic Member
    same problem here actually

Basic Member
    you need to spec a game or play a game then your toggleconsole key works

bind on "F11" always works for me^^

best regards,
    barci

f11 works, BUT TWO THINGS NEED TO APPLY HERE:

Number 1: You can only open the console when you are IN-GAME or when you SPECTATE a match! There is NO other way to open it (yet)!
    Number 2: Dota 2 needs to close WITHOUT an error. With an error the changes wont apply!

If your Dota 2 crashes all the time, go to: X:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg make a autoexec.cfg with an editor and next enter "bind f11 toggleconsole" or what ever key you would like. Then you will have those changes applied because it is saved in the .cfg

Basic Member
    Pretty much this my only 2 issues with hotkeys atm is not being able to bind ` to courier and ctrl + 1 not working to save groups if you have your items saved as 123456.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroS View Post
    Pretty much this my only 2 issues with hotkeys atm is not being able to bind ` to courier and ctrl + 1 not working to save groups if you have your items saved as 123456.
    ^ this.