Thread: hold position doesn't work on Windrunner

hold position doesn't work on Windrunner

The button "hold position" doesn't work for Windrunner (i have it set to "X" button). It works for other heroes, but when i play Windrunner it does the same as "stop" button (Windrunner still attacks creeps after pressing hold).

That is intended. It works like this on every hero. But you can turn auto attack off in the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by matthe2 View Post
    That is intended. It works like this on every hero. But you can turn auto attack off in the settings.
    I wrote in the first post that it DOES work for other heroes (for me) without changing any settings. It only doesn't work for Windrunner, so i don't think it's intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Kossak View Post
    I wrote in the first post that it DOES work for other heroes (for me) without changing any settings. It only doesn't work for Windrunner, so i don't think it's intended.
    Did you try only melee heroes besides Windrunner? Cause they are often out of range and when you press Hold they dont attack. But for ranged heroes if you press hold and they are in range of an enemy hero/creep they will attack it (but your hero won't move).
    I think it works as intended as it is now, cause "Hold" means "Hold position". You stand still and shoot/slice if someone comes in your attack range.

Explanation for beginners:
    Hold Position does mean: You WILL NOT move from the place where you stay, but you will ALWAYS attack once a hero/creep will be in your range (you basically attack the closest target to you)
    Stop does mean: The hero stops the current "action" but will move on his own, once the hero spots a hero/creep he can attack.

So the problem is not Windrunner, but ALL OTHER RANGE HEROES you play. They should attack, but they do not.

Edit: A melee hero will of course only attack, once the enemy creep or hero is in his melee attack range
    Last edited by matthe2; 10-14-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Thank you both for explanation, it was the case of using the melee heroes and a habbit from HoN. Switching this "auto attack off" in options, made it as i was used to. Thread can be closed.