Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Improve interface on AoE spells

[Suggestion] Improve interface on AoE spells

Let's face it, not all aoe spells are dots and circles.

Add a cone for QoP's Sonicwave, a triangle for DK's Fire Breath and a rectangle for Jakiro's Macropyre for example

Jakiro is a hero that would greatily benefit from this since ALL of his spells have unusual shapes. I think he really needs this to see more play

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Luffydude; 04-24-2012 at 05:21 AM.

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed

Basic Member
    Pls don't make dota 2 into lol. Cones(yet not needed) are fine but lines are just stupid.

Basic Member
    not needed...I don't want Dota2 like a baby game with arrows using Pudge's hook or cones on another spells

Basic Member
    If you don't like aoe indicators then why not suggest to remove all of them (lina stun, kunkas torrent etc).

I've added a few screens to the op!

Also I don't know what are you guys smoking but I couldn't care less about your lol game. And #3 even creates a new account just to troll this post

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed

Basic Member
    I have no problem with adding these shapes. In my opinion:
    CONSTANT VALUES OR THINGS, that you had to learn in DotA1, should be visible, because it's not a matter of skill, it's a matter of learning how low xxx range is. And that's a problem, because you want to learn this game fast.
    Its like soccer, In the sixties they had shitty balls and shitty shoes, so they improved them. Now you still have to have talent, but you don't have to care about the shitty ball (or shitty WC3-engine). Thats why we have a protection against missclicking in the shop and thats why we can see every tooltip of every spell. Just implement decent lines, that symbolize the area. Saying it will make the game more easier is like saying the crosshair in Counterstrike shouldn't be editable, because it makes it easier.
    The only change is, that people won't miscalculate range any more and so we will have better, more skillful games.
    And i never played LoL or HoN, so don't call me LoLfag.

As an option yes. I feel like current aoe indicators make game lag in certain moments. I would change them all to a simple line if i could. But it doesn't hurt the balance and can help new players so I'm not against it as long as i can turn it off.

Not sure if i like this or not. Maybe for some skills, it will be stupid if Pudge hook, Mirana arrow or Clock ults gets aoe indicators

I disagree to an extent. I agree that some of the skills currently need an indicator of how large the AoE is, BUT it shouldn't be shown during the execution of the spell. The way it is right now should remain consistent, I think. That is: the skills should show AoE and Range only when the mouse is highlighting the Icon but NOT while the cursor is on the play field and functional.

TL;DR, Ranges and Shapes for spells are completely fine, so long as they only show up while cursor is looking at skill tooltip, and not an aim-guider (DON'T make it like Bubble-Bobble dotted line aimer, LoL's current system, etc. etc.)

*edited for elaboration*

Basic Member
    It would be a great improvement to the interface. I'd say realistically, the options on the table should be, "Add cones and AoE indicators before cast" or "revisit the graphics of said AoE effects and make their borders completely unambiguous." There is no reason why aiming should be complete guesswork other than "Because it's always been that way".