Thread: [Suggestion] Orb walking while in ethreal state (interactions and mechanics)

Basic Member

Lightbulb [Suggestion] Orb walking while in ethreal state (interactions and mechanics)

hi

in DotA 1, heroes with orb effects e.g. Viper can still attack while in ethereal form. To attack while in ethereal state, the hero has to "manually cast the orb" ("not auto-cast the orb").

If this was to be intended i.e. orb heroes attacking in ethereal state, have them being able to attack in "auto-cast mode" as well (for convenience sake).

I thought about the same, but I'm pretty sure Icefrog choosed to change this as he removed many DotA 1 "hidden facts" f.e. PotMs backwards-arrow, curved hooks, fakebash..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Evo View Post
    I thought about the same, but I'm pretty sure Icefrog choosed to change this as he removed many DotA 1 "hidden facts" f.e. PotMs backwards-arrow, curved hooks, fakebash..
    orb walking when etheral state is not "hidden facts"

its about engine limits and exploit
    icefrog will remove it

Basic Member
    This is intended and working properly. Manual casting orbs is a spell, doesn't pull creep aggro and works in ethereal. Autocast is your autoattack.