Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Intended?] Shadow demon's disruption + shadow poison

[Intended?] Shadow demon's disruption + shadow poison

When shadow demon disrupts a unit and then casts shadow poison on him the poison is applied in dota 2, I confirmed in dota 1 that only soul catcher affects disrupted units. Which means shadow poison does not affect disrupted units. (I mean during the banish if u dont get it).

I'm posting this here because I'm not sure if it's intentional in dota 2 or not.

It's not a major issue, the only way to exploit this is by disrupting the unit and ensuring ur shadow poison hits.

I should have caught this from when SD first came out, there was a bug where poison stacked twice if you cast it on a disrupted unit. But now that I think about it, poison shouldn't be applied to a disrupted target at all.

There's nothing in the original code that I can see that allows poison to stack on disrupted units, although the poison can damage them if already stacked. Someone confirm?
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    on a similar note, detonating shadow poison damage and demonic purge ticking it's damage isn't amplified by soul catacher while disrupted. is this intended?

Someone confirm?
    confirm the DotA interaction or confirm shadow poison hitting disrupted units? it most definitely does, and actually shadow poison stacks on the disrupted unit before the projectile even hits the disrupted unit, as long as the projectile is flying towards the unit, it connects as soon as the projectile is fired
    Last edited by vladhood; 04-18-2012 at 02:31 AM.

We'll come back to the soul catcher part later, but it should be amplified.

I mean the Dota 1 interaction. Now that I've tried it, it actually doesn't work in D1.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    tbh, it just makes sense, that both spells affect the target during disruption. there was no necessity to make soul catcher affect the disrupted target either, it was just added for convenience. i think the same applies to shadow poison now.
    Last edited by blash365; 06-25-2012 at 07:04 AM.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    the issue is parity, not sense or whatever

Basic Member
    adding to intended fix list discussion.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    I am not sure if this is not intented, there was fix some time ago alowing to make shadow poison damage in banish to prevent instant dagger blink.

Basic Member
    I think this is intended and if I rember right the tooltip for sd says posion goes through distrubtion.

Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    the issue is parity, not sense or whatever
    Sometimes, I can't help but wonder if removing all the nonsensical mechanics and interactions was one of the few things Riot got right.