Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jungle Areas are Not the same

It is true that some changes may be intentional, but other changes may also be unintended. Thus, we should report all inconsistencies with Dota 1, and we can then be told that they are intended if that is the case, or if they are unintended, they can be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Andrei View Post
    No,it is not supposed to be a 1:1 copy.It is supposed to reflect what Ifrog wanted out of this game without the w3 limitation.(compromising ofc some other factors such as learning curve,appeal,tradition etc..)There are a lot of changes in the map(as you pointed out)-for exe the tier 1 tower tp not producing a direct route to the respective jungle.But keep in mind that these changes are made by choice and not by mistake.However afaik the developers said that before the final release they will revise all the changes(and their balance issues) made to the the map.
    since when misplaced trees and terrains are engine limitations? if you payed attention in a few patches ago, there was a mention where a tree in radiant part near the rune was missing, thus making radiant players able to view runes from quite far away, and it is different from DotA, and it got fixed in that patch, that tier 1 tower tp also might one of them, what's the bad thing about reporting it anyway

i thought the main point of this forum is to report difference between DotA and DOTA 2

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chukky-jr View Post
    since when misplaced trees and terrains are engine limitations? if you payed attention in a few patches ago, there was a mention where a tree in radiant part near the rune was missing, thus making radiant players able to view runes from quite far away, and it is different from DotA, and it got fixed in that patch, that tier 1 tower tp also might one of them, what's the bad thing about reporting it anyway

i thought the main point of this forum is to report difference between DotA and DOTA 2
    Thank you! Why does nobody else understand that the map needs to work EXACTLY the same as it did in dota 1?

This video is outdated, feb 4 2012. The main problem it mentions is at westernmost Sentinel hard camp, where if you eat the tree the creep can go around and you still get hit by 2 creeps. I used to use this spot in Dota 1 and now in Dota 2, it's working properly now. I'll try to look through my game history and see if I find a game where I successfully use the spot.

Yeah, confirming that this has been fixed. Compare:

12:45 in the video shows him getting hit by creeps going around.

2:30 in one of my replays where I successfully choke point at that spot. Match id = 10237137

radiant jungle is way better then dire. they should make more spots like in the video for just 1 attack you. dont have in most of dire camps

Basic Member
    Yes, but you can pull from more spots in the dire jungle than radiant, so it evens out.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Portalfreek View Post
    Thank you! Why does nobody else understand that the map needs to work EXACTLY the same as it did in dota 1?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Portalfreek View Post
    Because change isn't always bad. If we didn't progress we'd still be throwing rocks and sticks at each other. If you want a 1:1 map of DotA, go play DotA. This is DotA 2. Notice how Activision isn't making this game so this isn't going to be a rehash of the same game every year. Valve has a very intelligent staff with some of the greatest and wittiest minds in the industry.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Because change isn't always bad. If we didn't progress we'd still be throwing rocks and sticks at each other. If you want a 1:1 map of DotA, go play DotA. This is DotA 2. Notice how Activision isn't making this game so this isn't going to be a rehash of the same game every year. Valve has a very intelligent staff with some of the greatest and wittiest minds in the industry.
    I think you don't get the point of this forum section. If you look at the description of this forum section you would be able to see the phrase "MAP INCONSISTENCIES". Dota 2 is a REMAKE, the map is SUPPOSED to be the same. You are clearly not paying attention.