Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: See ward AoE when placing wards

Basic Member

Suggestion: See ward AoE when placing wards

Hi dota devs

I think this has been suggested somewhere else already, but Search function doesn't seem to reveal any hits.

Can you please add in an Area of Effect marker of ward vision when a hero is trying to put the ward down?

I hate to say it but it's one the the rare things I thought was a good feature in HoN that wasn't in dota 1, alongside a free first courier for pub games.

Thanks

Well, that link is a guide about warding, like many others, but this isn't the case. The Op is asking for a feature not a guide about how to put wards, and i must say, i think it would be a really nice feature. 1+

Please not, this should be kept as a thing you have to learn with experience. :/

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thyL View Post
    Please not, this should be kept as a thing you have to learn with experience. :/
    There's plenty of amazing things that you can do with experience. Could probably play DOTA without a mouse cursor on screen too.

But unnecessary difficulty that doesn't add any worthwhile gameplay experience should be removed.

Taking away the opportunity to learn de-warding ranges by 'experience' is a small loss to add to the benefit of spectators and players alike. How many times have you heard pro DOTA casters say "Oh wow it was just out of range of that counter-ward" but can't actually check the range of the said ward?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbai View Post
    How many times have you heard pro DOTA casters say "Oh wow it was just out of range of that counter-ward" but can't actually check the range of the said ward?
    In this case, I would be in support of it for spectating only. I am in agreement with thyL that this should be something that comes from learning the game.

Basic Member
    I'd like a range indicator for Pugna's ward. I always stick it in the trees hoping to be sneaky, but don't know if it's actually within range.

Basic Member
    dont do this on range cause there are some spots that gives u more range than others and there are some places that u can counter more easy the obs wards if u know where to play the sentry for more range..

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WithOutNam3 View Post
    dont do this on range cause there are some spots that gives u more range than others and there are some places that u can counter more easy the obs wards if u know where to play the sentry for more range..
    please consider talking in a non-gibberish form of language
    kirves
    I'd like a range indicator for Pugna's ward. I always stick it in the trees hoping to be sneaky, but don't know if it's actually within range.
    I believe there are already subtle markings, those orbs that float arround. am i wrong?

Now for the actual question:
    Why shouldnt we put this feature in. Because we need to learn it? There are things like that that are unecessary to be learned from playing since it does not involve skill but putting down a fucking ward, i mean come on, cant we make this game more practical?

I give this a +1. This "Oh you have to learn it" comment is a terrible reason to not add this in. You can learn much faster if the game shows you than you can by randomly guessing. I know it's not a feature that can just be dropped into the game, and there are certainly other issues that need resolving before this kind of polish is placed into the game, but it is still a great idea. Warding is already a difficult concept for new people to grasp, I say make it easier so we have more warders running around.